jatherton01's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, February 20th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

delays

I am experiencing lengthy delays going through my email.  I get a message:  "delay due to long running script",

What is that?  How do I fix it?  It's annoying.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@jatherton01 Is this a response you get from the email server after you have already sent the email? or does it appear to be a browser pop-up notification in regards to a javascript error?

General reference to a script entails:
"In most cases, the script that the long-running script message references is a piece of JavaScript code that your internet browser is trying to execute. JavaScript is used to improve your browsing experience as it allows different functionality to be possible on the websites that you visit. For example, JavaScript is used to validate the forms that you fill out on a website as you fill them out. If you miss a required field, you are told right away as opposed to getting an error message after submitting the form. JavaScript also makes animations possible on a website along with many other features. Most scripts run without problem, but sometimes JavaScript may cause an error message to pop up." (Source: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-fix-a-script-error-on-a-computer)

most script errors are related to the specific browser you are using, which can generally be cleared up with general maintenance tasks like clearing browser cache, cookies, history, saved website data, etc. 

Some browser extensions could also cause a script error to appear.  So sometimes you would want to troubleshoot and audit the extensions enabled. In other cases you may need to re-install or update the browser which sometimes includes an update to the java version associated with it. Overall, script errors tend to be more specifically related to the computer or the software running on it and not the actual email platform. Please send me a PM if it is a return email from the server however so I can look into this issue for you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here