VWBM's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Monday, February 22nd, 2021 2:00 PM

Closed

account password

Got an email from LIfelock that my. info was spotted on dark web. Trying to change my password for CC. It's not hard. But, it never takes. I am sitting waiting for a confirmation msg on the screen that the change took place. It never comes so I am using my old password. Lots of spam email lately & strange activity on my computer. Always on the comcast email page. When I try to sign out of my email, it does not sign me out. Instead I get a crawler from the bottom of the page in red "servor unavailable." My nephew, IT peraon, said that should never happen. Also, once when I signed in to my email. in the upper right hand corner (above "SIGN OUT"), there was an email address that was not mine, my name was not there. Another name was. I am getting very concerned about my online safety. What can we do to resolve this serious problem. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

Call Comcast security and have them look at your account.  They should be able to help you with the password change---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Update: today the system accepted my new password. It still (and has for a long  time) bothers me that my username was attached to a different domain. The domain was not Comcast.net, it was a string of 6 numbers. I will call the number u suggested & see if they r able to ID this person / entity. I don't think I can feel safe on CC without further information & a plan to prevent a further recurrence. Thx for ur suggestion m

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here