BBdog15's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 19th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

accessing email problems

Suddenly when accessing xfinity email on my desktop I am asked to log in with username and password every single time.  I check the stay sign on box, but that doesn't change anything.  I have always been able to get my email by just clicking the email icon.  How can I get it back to where I do not have to log in to my account each time?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

To stay signed in:

• Don't log out.
  • Don't use Private Browsing when you log in.
  • Make sure your browser accepts Comcast and Xfinity cookies and retains them between sessions.
  • If you use any sort of registry cleaner or other "system tuneup" software, make sure it is not set to delete cookies.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the information.  I am not signing out.  Each time I access email it prompts me to sign in.  I did check cookies and it listed blocking 3rd party cookies.  I changed that to accepting all cookies (I don't really know what I am doing).  That did not make a difference.

This problem occurred after my computer was held up by a scam which locked my screen.  Norton ran a scan and cleared that up, but afterwards I discovered that xfinity log in occurs each time I access email.  Also my banking sites allowed me to access my accounts without a login in.  This is occurring on my desktop.  I can access email without a login on my Ipad and Iphone, however on those I do a login for banking. 

Am I missing something in your instructions?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

@BBdog15 wrote: ... This problem occurred after my computer was held up by a scam which locked my screen.  ... my banking sites allowed me to access my accounts without a login in.  ...

That would have been a good thing to mention in your initial post. A system which has been compromised to such an extent probably needs to be rebuilt (carefully backed up, formatted, and then OS, software, and data reinstalled. Personally I would have no confidence in it until this was done. You might want to (carefully!) look over https://www.google.com/search?q=ransomware+recovery. A service like BleepingComputer.com might be able to help.

You are in very deep and dark water here. Good luck!

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I'd rather believe there is an issue with xfinity.com's site. I too cannot get to my email online. I sign in, stay signed in, click on the 'email' icon which appears to try to start working, then just takes me back to the Comcast/xFinity home page (signed in still, on a 2nd browser tab). 

The last email received on my iPhone is 30 minutes ago. The last email received on my iMac (Apple Mail) is over 2 1/2 hours ago. Yet, I can't get in to the online email at xfinity to check any of them (using POP account, only).

Finally - got this reaction from xfinity site after clicking on email icon and waiting several minutes:

"

Please Try Again Shortly

There Is A Problem With The Server - Error 503

Reload Page"

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here