cb804's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 4:00 AM

Closed

Want to keep read email

Looks like the new version of email has a few bugs in it. For some reason all my read email is deleted after it is read and it's no where to be found -- it's not in the trash folder -- it's just gone after I read it.

How does this happen? Are there settings to keep read email?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

New version of email, where?  How are you accessing email?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

How are you accessing your email?  On a desktop or laptop using a browser and the webmail?  Or on a mobile device with a mail app?  Have you tried running a search for the emails in question?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

Is it possible that in Settings,  you have 'Auto Forward' turned on and 'Save a copy of forwarded emails' off?

Ignore that....if you're able to 'read' it then auto forward is OFF.  Sorry.  In the (website browser email) Settings, I don't see anywhere  where there's an option to delete after reading.

There is, in Advanced Settings, the 'POP Settings for Other Apps'.  If you have another app somewhere accessing your Comcast email then: 

When using POP to access your Comcast email from third-party applications, you can choose what happens to messages once retrieved from the mail server. By default, we will leave the message in your Inbox. Changing this setting will allow your application to tell the server what to do.

Keep
Delete

Ignore that too....doesn't result in your issues' symptom for me.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Using a desktop. It happens with different browsers and different computers. Search does not find the emails. Highly frustrating!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Anyone??? Tech support has not resolved. It happens on 3 different desktop computers. Happens with Firefox, IE and MS Edge browers.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

@cb804 wrote:

Anyone??? Tech support has not resolved. It happens on 3 different desktop computers. Happens with Firefox, IE and MS Edge browers.

The only other thing I can think of is if you have the account enabled in a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or in the mail app on a phone or tablet using POP3.  If that is the case, POP by default will download the messages when you check your email, then delete them from the server.

Official Employee

• 

133 Messages

5 years ago

It looks like you have your sort set to unread in webmail. Once you read an email it will automatically move to the unread section.  To change this click on sort in the right-hand corner above your mail list.  You can then sort it by date which is the default method. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you, that appears to have solved my issue!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here