OutlookUserKen's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 22nd, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Using Outlook Folders in xfinity email

I am using a desktop Outlook 2010 client to retreive my email under POP.  Over the last 10 years I have created about 75 folders in the Outlook client to save emails.  I would like to switch to IMAP to see a consistant email structure on desktop, client and tablet.

How do I get my saved Outlook client folders to xfinity email structure?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

Suggestion---------create a new account in Outlook using the same ID and password as the POP account.  Let Outlook auto-confugure it for you.  It should be enabled as an IMAP account as Comcast accounts are now IMAP compliant by default.  Do you see all the folders after it's done?

If any of the folders you had in the POP version were local to your Outlook on the computer, they won't be in the new IMAP version, and you would need to move them over.  I don't have Outlook, but I do use Mac Mail, and that has the ability to let me move folders around as I see fit.  See if you can drag and drop folders, or right-click on one and see if you have the option to copy or move it.

Once you are satisfied the account is as you want it, you can go back and delete the POP version to avoid confusion.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am running a Windows system.  I do have all my Outlook folders as local folders.  None are visible to xfinity.  Outlook has a copy option but I will have to try the new account creation to determine if that will work between accounts.  My current Outlook pst file is 3+ GB, so big with lots of folders with folders within those folders.  

If the copy works, I expect the folders to be created as local in the new account.  I wonder if the IMAP protocol will then pull all the folders (including multiple levels) up to xfinity , allowing me to see the folders on my phone.  Or is there some manual procedure that needs to be done to have the folders in xfinity?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

@OutlookUserKen wrote:

I am running a Windows system.  I do have all my Outlook folders as local folders.  None are visible to xfinity.  Outlook has a copy option but I will have to try the new account creation to determine if that will work between accounts.  My current Outlook pst file is 3+ GB, so big with lots of folders with folders within those folders.  

If the copy works, I expect the folders to be created as local in the new account.  I wonder if the IMAP protocol will then pull all the folders (including multiple levels) up to xfinity , allowing me to see the folders on my phone.  Or is there some manual procedure that needs to be done to have the folders in xfinity?

Try creating the new IMAP version and see what happens.  Then you will know if you need to do anything else.  But right now, can you move a folder from the local section to nest under the Inbox folder?  It won't hurt anything to try it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here