qssg's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, February 7th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Split Screen in Email on Devices

• How do I get rid of the split screen that occurs when I open a link within an email message.  I want the opened link to be full screen, not a column on the right side of the page.  This happens on my phone and iPad.  Thanks!

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@qssg wrote:
  • How do I get rid of the split screen that occurs when I open a link within an email message.  I want the opened link to be full screen, not a column on the right side of the page.  This happens on my phone and iPad.  Thanks!

I just tried on my iPhone using the Mail app that comes in iOS, and the link just opens up in Safari----single screen for that page.  How are you accessing the email?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am accessing my email via the Xfinity app, which I have always done.  This split screen thing started happening a month ago or so.  thanks!

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

Can you clarify------what kind of device?  And exactly what do you mean by a split screen?  Do you mean the reading list is on the right or something else?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

When I click on a link within an email, the screen splits and the link appears in a column on the rid side of the screen.  It cannot be expanded and is too small for me to read.  Thi occurs mostly on my iPad, but sometimes on my iPhone 11 as well. 

I can switch out of the Xfinity mail app and find the link in Safari on a full page, but I have never had to do this before. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

It occurs on my iPad.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had the same problem. The dual screens are designed to make it easier to switch back and forth between screens and help with multitasking. I found the side column too small for phones and tablets, too. Eliminate it by going to Settings, Hone Sreen & Dock, then Multitasking. Just turn off multitasking.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here