DanOK's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, March 23rd, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

SMTP server refuses my connection

A few weeks ago my outbound email will not send when my laptop is connected to my Xfinity router.  It appears that my outbound emails are being blocked.  My settings have not changed. 

Settings are as follows:

1. SMTP server - smtp.att.yahoo.com
  2. Port - 465
  3. Encryption method: SSL/TLS
  4. Outgoing server requires authentication.

When connected to anyother Wifi, it send fine.  Please advise/help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@DanOK can you please PM me your IP when you are connected to the network you are having issues with? 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@ComcastCSAEmail 

My email server's IP is being blocked but not showing on the Comcast blocked IP via the postmaster tool.

mail.dayofdata.com (52.55.38.169)

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.0 Connection is not being accepted at this time.

Please advise, I tried PM'ing with no response.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

@Timevex 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue (copy your post and paste it there). Thanks. Re-closing this year-old dead thread that was improperly re-opened by the new forum software / platform. A known issue that is being worked on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I sent a PM yesterday with my IP addresses.  Let me know if you need anything else to help.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for checking.  Why would the block only happen when I am connected to my Xfinity router at home?  When my devices are connected elsewhere, the outbound emails flow without any issue?  

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

I mean the possibilities are endless, but most cases its a block based on your IP. The one on your home wifi might be blocked by their server, but once you go onto cellular data there are no issues because now you're accessing via a different IP location. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@DanOK I've checked our server and there are no blocks on the IPs your provided by Comcast. Since its a yahoo.com SMTP service, you may want to contact their mail administrator to confirm if they have placed any restriction/block on your connection to their servers. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCSAEmail, thanks.  Is there a way for me to change the IP address of my Xfinity router?  The Level 1 agent's recommendation was to swap out my router.  Is there an easier way?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@DanOK wrote:

@ComcastCSAEmail, thanks.  Is there a way for me to change the IP address of my Xfinity router?  The Level 1 agent's recommendation was to swap out my router.  Is there an easier way?

@DanOK that is actually not even guaranteed to work, its a fully automated system that assigns the IP addresses for you. Comcast can't change it for you and even you can't. Router swap will NOT work, a modem swap MIGHT work, but moving your entire house WILL work. Unfortunately, the best course of action is to try to get in contact with the blocking party to remove the block. Although it does give you the chance to find out why it happened in the first place and may even alert the blocking party to a possible issue in their selection process. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

The PBL is only relevant for instances where you are trying to host/maintain an actual mail server... so doing what Comcast/Yahoo/Gmail/etc. is already doing for you. The PBL exists because being an email host/provider is non-residential usage. All Residential customers are on the PBL. You will want to reach out to Yahoo and advise them of this as well if you did reach out to them and that's what they told you. 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

The yahoo.com domain is being blocked by Xfinity.  We had the service-connected on May 18 and it worked then.  I only access it through the standard browsers.  What can I do?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Upon further research, I have found that my IP address is on the PBL blacklist.  See screen shot below.  Can you help from your end on how to resolve?  All of my SMTP settings are good.  I can send emails when connected to a Wifi other than my home Xfinity service.

PBL.png

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here