coop3842's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Recover my comcast.net email account

I have lost my main comcast.net email account. I am unable to send nor receive emails on the account. How do I recover my email account?

I have tried to add the same coop42 account but the system will not accept it.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

How are you accessing the email?  Using only the webmail interface and a browser?  Or a desktop client like Outlook?  Or the mail app on a mobile device?  Using only the webmail, exactly what happens when you try to sign in?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@coop3842 wrote:

It does not matter what type of device. All my devices are asking for my password which I did not change. The original P/W does not work. I am using Comcast.

Are you getting an error message saying the P/W is incorrect?  Something like this-------------------?

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 3.38.33 PM.jpg

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

It does not matter what type of device. All my devices are asking for my password which I did not change. The original P/W does not work. I am using Comcast.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

That is one error message, correct.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

Then something is wrong with the password.  Try doing a reset-------------

https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/reset

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you!

I reset my password and all is well. 

Don't know why this happened with the existing p/w.

Bob

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Accessing through my lap top  I have 2 browsers and do not want them synced.  I changed a setting on one  My email [Edited: "Personal Information"]  i have MS, Windows and Google but think the goole is only for Facebook

(edited)

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

@mary.lou1

You are replying to a two-year old thread.  Please start your own thread with your question or issue.  This one is now closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here