xam15's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, July 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Please Manually create my username

I desperately need my old user name restored. My email stopped coming through suddenly on July 8 around noon. Hours of talking to live agents over 2 days resolved nothing but a new username I don't want. Three agents hung up when they reached a point they couldn't help. One said set up a new email with Yahoo or Gmail. I've lost so many important emails already and I could never contact all the important sites to which this email is attached.  Is there anyway to recover my mail which stopped coming on Wednesday, July 8 around noon and to restore my original username now?

Please help an elderly person who is now at her wit's end.

i ran into the same problem as this person, who got some type of unknown. provisional error when attempting to restore it:

you cant just change the username/email and then change it back. The old username goes into whats called a reserve pool. Its basically a waiting list before being able to re-create the original username and the process takes at least 30 days before its available again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Mail suddenly stopped arriving 7/8 around noon. I could send but not receive. Mail was returned to sender as "rejected" "unsubscribed ".  Other accounts with different usernames are unaffected. After several Comcast agents couldn't help, I saw online that I was probably hacked and to change the password . Then I saw it was better to change the username. I did both.

7/12, an agent tried to set up my old account with a new user name but gave up because I was not receiving the invitation at my new email. It came this morning. I tried to set it up, but it said my account had not been verified. When I tried to verify the new account, it said it was already activated.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

What happened to the user ID?  Did you somehow change or delete it?  If so, how long ago did that happen?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@xam15 wrote:

Mail suddenly stopped arriving 7/8 around noon. I could send but not receive. Mail was returned to sender as "rejected" "unsubscribed ".  Other accounts with different usernames are unaffected. After several Comcast agents couldn't help, I saw online that I was probably hacked and to change the password . Then I saw it was better to change the username. I did both.

7/12, an agent tried to set up my old account with a new user name but gave up because I was not receiving the invitation at my new email. It came this morning. I tried to set it up, but it said my account had not been verified. When I tried to verify the new account, it said it was already activated.

When a user ID (that part of the email address to the left of the @ symbol) is changed or deleted, it is suspended for 90 days, and then released back into the pool of available IDs for any Comcast customer that wants to claim it. But you can try calling Comcast security and see if they can reinstate it for you.  Since this is a recent occurrence they should be able to.  You said that the account still works on the phone----is that right?  Because if it is, the reason the account still works on the phone is that you probably have it enabled in a mail app.  The account is not dead yet.  You just can't get at it using the webmail interface and a browser on the pc.  For the 90 day period it is still running in the background---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

No, email doesn't come through on iPad, iphone or PC. I was trying to say I have the main Comcast email account and the subaccounts are unaffected and work fine. It was only the one username that could not receive mail.

I tried to get Comcast to manually recreate my username yesterday (I saw in this forum it could be done) but I cannot reach anyone who is able to do it. 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@xam15 wrote:

No, email doesn't come through on iPad, iphone or PC. I was trying to say I have the main Comcast email account and the subaccounts are unaffected and work fine. It was only the one username that could not receive mail.

I tried to get Comcast to manually recreate my username yesterday (I saw in this forum it could be done) but I cannot reach anyone who is able to do it. 

I am going to escalate this thread to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should see a response here in the thread.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@xam15 please follow this support guide and try to change your account back to its original name:
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/how-to-change-your-username

I have released the username from the reserve pool and it is available for creation again. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I certainly appreciate your efforts on my behalf. 

However, Comcast will not let me restore my original username because today they are requiring 6 letters and mine was only 5, although that was fine up until July 8. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@xam15 go ahead and try signing in with your original username

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I need the same help please, can you please contact me?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here