Community Forum

Outbound Email Policy of Comcast for this IP range: 98.234.0.0/16 is listed on the Policy Block Lis

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Outbound Email Policy of Comcast for this IP range: 98.234.0.0/16 is listed on the Policy Block Lis

98.234.0.0/16 is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL)

Eartlink is bouncing my emails because they see this in the Policy Block List

Outbound Email Policy of Comcast for this IP range:

Email sent by Comcast subscribers using a mail program such as Outlook Express are required to send the email through Comcast. To insure your mail program is properly configured, please visit http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=Email117481. If you are a Comcast Commercial Services customer and need support, please contact support_biz@cable.comcast.com

That comcast link goes to 

Sorry, we couldn't find that page.

The page you are looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Outbound Email Policy of Comcast for this IP range: 98.234.0.0/16 is listed on the Policy Block

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Outbound Email Policy of Comcast for this IP range: 98.234.0.0/16 is listed on the Policy Block

Thank you. But that is not it. I am emailing from my own domain in Outlook 360 and Earthlink.net    buonces my emails with  the explanation that my URL is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL).

Highlighted
Official Employee

@sgtjdc 

Hello,

All residential IP addresses are listed on the PBL. The primary function of the PBL is to prohibit residential server hosting as it is not residential usage. There are also security concerns when it comes to a residential user being able to freely host mail servers from their home network. The issue is likely a misconfiguration in your outlook client settings. Earthlink should not be looking at your client ip if properly setup via Office 365.

Are you able to confirm your current outlook settings?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I have no problems if I send the emails from @comcast.net or from @gmail.com only if I send them from @ItalianAmericanClub.Org,  that is my website hosted by Godaddy.com. I am using the Outllok settings specified by Godaddy.com

The setting are:  POP  pop.secureserver.net   Port 995    This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL/TLS)       Requires logon using Secure Password Authentification

Outgoin mail    Server smtpout.secureserver.net       Port 465   SSL/TLS

Require logon SPA    SMTP requires authentification Use same settings as incoming mail server.

I really appreciate  your help.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@sgtjdc 

Thank you for the update. These do appear to be go daddy’s correct settings. Although you will want to reach out to your domain host as it appears there is still a misconfiguration that is causing you to send from you client IP instead of their hosted server.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!