Rod101's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 26th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

My Outlook email stopped sending this morning

My Outlook email stopped sending this morning. I'm using Outlook 10 Version 14.0.7 on Windows 7. I've rebooted, but it still won't send. Below is the error message I get.

"Task '*****@comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.1.0 Authentication required'"

Any suggestions would be appreiated.

Thanks,

Rod

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Rod101 wrote:

My Outlook email stopped sending this morning. I'm using Outlook 10 Version 14.0.7 on Windows 7. I've rebooted, but it still won't send. Below is the error message I get.

"Task '*****@comcast.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.1.0 Authentication required'"

Thanks,

Rod

I moved your post to the email area of the forum.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Rod101 wrote:

Thanks,

Rod

Are you using POP3 in Outlook?  If so see here---------------------

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-To-Update-Your-Xfinity-Email-POP-Port-Settings/ta-p/3264418

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing here.  Started last night. I didn't change anything, but now my emails won't send.

An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8007007A
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

(Note: I've tried Port 587, 465, 25.  All with and without SSL.  All to no avail)

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Actually found out why mine wasn't.  It was the photos that I was sending.  If you click just on "attachment", it adds them as an album and won't send.  Apparently, you have to click "Insert", then attach.

Meanwhile, anything sent AFTER those wasn't sending either.  All good now.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Mine too, about a week ago. No settings I have tried will work.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here