BobMD's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 3:00 AM

Closed

Move email address from one Comcast account to another...

I would like to move an email address from one of my Comcast accounts to another.  I stopped by the Comcast brick and mortar and they said they cannot help because of security issues.  How is this done?  Thank you, Bob

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Good morning Latoque.  I have 2 Comcast accounts at separate physical locations.  I would like to move ex. 123abc@comcast.net form one of the Comcast accounts to the other Comcast account.  This is in preparation to move the whole service of one of the locations to my new home.  I've had the email address for 27 years and want to make sure I don't loose it.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?  Do you mean you want to move an external email address from a different email provider (like Yahoo or Gmail) to the mail-fetcher in a comcast email account?  Or do you mean you want to move a Comcast email address to a different service location?  Something else?

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@BobMD wrote:

Good morning Latoque.  I have 2 Comcast accounts at separate physical locations.  I would like to move ex. 123abc@comcast.net form one of the Comcast accounts to the other Comcast account.  This is in preparation to move the whole service of one of the locations to my new home.  I've had the email address for 27 years and want to make sure I don't loose it.

You don't need to worry about losing it.  About three or four years ago, Comcast adopted a policy that lets you keep your email active even if you quit Comcast service entirely.   Basically you just need to sign into the email every 9 months.  See here for more information about that ---------------------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/using-email-only
See also---------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-activity

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Latoque, that's excellent.  Is there a way though to move an account.  I don't have plans to get rid of Comcast I just would like to be primary on a different account so I can pay the bill.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@BobMD wrote:

Latoque, that's excellent.  Is there a way though to move an account.  I don't have plans to get rid of Comcast I just would like to be primary on a different account so I can pay the bill.

I don't know if you can just move an account to another address.  I don't think so.  You would need to call Comcast and ask about that.  I also have two different service adddresses in two different states.  I have different email addresses/user ID&passwords for both.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks again Latoque.  I'll have to call them.  The reason I know they can move email accounts to different Comcast accounts is because when I got service at the second location they moved my email address from my residence and made it Primary on the new one and created a really weird Primary account on my residence.  Not sure what the thinking was on that.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

BobMD, Just wondering if you ever found a solution for this, because I am also trying to do the same?

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I did get this resolved.  If you login to the Comcast account you want to move the email address to with the primary users you can go to My Account --> Users --> Add new user.  When adding the user make sure to use the Comcast email address you want to move as the email address contact method.  That will send an invitation to join that household (account).

Let me know if that works for you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi everyone. We're here to step in if any of you have further questions or are in need of additional support!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi, I am moving a couple of email addresses over to a second account in my name. Can you clarify the difference between a new profile and a linked one, and how that might be different for a primary user rather than a member?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Doesn't work, one gets an error message along the lines of 'you can't import a comcast email address' or something along those lines. I'll have to call support today, as they are closing down the xfinity Connect android app for some lame reason, which fully supports multiple comcast accounts. There has to be a solution, as I can't imagine someone with 7 emails (xfinity max) and juggling them all with multiple web pages and such.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Sat down and went back and forth a couple dozen times, and I see where the programmers were going with how they constructed this scheme. It works juggling multiple email accounts but how it does it is convoluted; I think when the programmers were constructing this they needed to have some real users giving some input. Kinda like how this forum system was built, every couple of minutes a 'what were they thinking' pops out of ones brain as one goes around in circles to get where one wants to get to post a simple comment.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here