Community Forum

Monthly Forced Password Resets

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Monthly Forced Password Resets

Just wondering if I can expect almost monthly (unannounced) password resets from now on? Since I don't use Web mail much, it usually takes me a couple of days to realize it has happened, yet again. Luckily (so far), an important email hasn't been missed. Maybe I should start looking for another service?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Monthly Forced Password Resets

What you are describing is not a routine occurrence.  I would call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the suggestion, but they could not address the problem. They just gave me a boilerplate solution that didn't address the problem I am having (happened again today).

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Happened again today.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 7.56.58 AM.png
Highlighted
Expert

@Lord_Basil wrote:

Happened again today.

Are you sure this is a legitimate email from Comcast?  To tell, see here---------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Should've been more specific. The image is from the Web browser after logging into my account.

Highlighted
Expert

@Lord_Basil wrote:

Should've been more specific. The image is from the Web browser after logging into my account.

So, you're saying you log in to webmail [connect.xfinity.com] and you're getting an email that has that image in it.  Does that email have the red Xf icon when you open it?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

>So, you're saying you log in to webmail [connect.xfinity.com] and you're getting an email that has that image in it.  Does that email have the red Xf icon when you open it?

Almost. Login to Webmail and the image is presented on the next screen (it is not received via email).

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Lord_Basil I can confirm that what you are receiving is indeed from Comcast and is part of our account compromise processing. Its not intended for the resets to be this frequent. Please PM me as much detail about how you access your emails and where you access from on a regular basis so i can start investigating what might be causing this issue to occur so often. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Happened again today.

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 10.09.08 PM.png
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Lord_Basil taking a look into it for you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have the same issues. For me it's weekly.

Highlighted
New Poster

Very annoying. 

I called and waited and it still happens weekly.