row51's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, June 8th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Missing icon on Email toolbar

The Move icon has disappeared from my email toolbar. The option is still available in More Actions menu, but there no icon to click on anymore. How do I get the icon back?

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

The file folders is no longer on the toolbar!  I have to go through like four steps to file one email I get like 54 emails a day most that I file in some form or fashion!

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

HELLO, XFINITY is there anybody out there?

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for reminding me of that option. However, I truly would like to get the Move icon back.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Well, that doesn't work either--just tried highlighting a particular message--icon still doesn't appear.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

In lieu of the Move icon you can just do a drag and drop.  Highlight the email[s] you want to move, hold down the mouse button on the highlighted email and drag it to the folder you want to put it in and release the mouse button.  If you need to move multiple emails into the same folder highlight all of them and then put your mouse on one, hold down the mouse button, and drag the emails to the folder.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

4 years ago

My move icon is also gone again and has been for some days now.  What I find easier than drag and drop is to click on the 'more actions' icon (the last one in the row with the three parallel horizonatal lines).  A 'move' option is available in the drop down list.  It would be easier--one would think--just to have the move icon added back on, but apparently that is no longer going to happen, so using the 'more actions' icon is "just" one extra step, at least for me.  If I have to live with it, so be it.  I'm already getting used to using it 🙂

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

same behavior. been using this platform for years. using chrome because few years back Comcast said they had issues with firefox and safari. on a mac. large screen.

I often move multiple items to same folder by selecting the checkbox and then move icon rather than dragging which I found occasionally cumbersome (I organize using a LOT of folders and subfolders under subfolders).

left it running when fell asleep last night.  was auto logged out this morning. when I logged back in ......I have Spam icon where Move icon use to be. restarted. no change. different browser/cache/cookies. no change. definitely looks Comcast server based.

Contributor

• 

44 Messages

4 years ago

This morning the MOVE and PRINT icons are missing from my toolbar.  Were there las night.

Please fix this problem.  Selecting a message does not change things.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Me too.  

I see this happened to many users today.

Comcast - please resolve.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem - there are no icons to the right of the trash can on the toolbar (i.e., no "Move" or "Print" icons...

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

So Comcast how many complaints needed to resolve an issue? All suggestions so far are just work arounds. Looks like you have taken a page from Ebays play book, software engineers making changes and eliminating features without concern of users. The difference here is we pay to use Comcast so we are customers shouldn't it work the way we want?

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

4 years ago

The same thing happened to me.  As with others, I'm using a laptop--the icons went from being on the toolbar to now being on a more actions tab.  Having to click an extra box is a complete waste of time.  And if such a box is going to be forced on us, we should at least be able to edit which ones are there vs. viewable on the toolbar.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@DanO55 wrote:

So Comcast how many complaints needed to resolve an issue? All suggestions so far are just work arounds. Looks like you have taken a page from Ebays play book, software engineers making changes and eliminating features without concern of users. The difference here is we pay to use Comcast so we are customers shouldn't it work the way we want?

Unless it's a line item on your billing statement you aren't paying for email; it's a freebie given by Comcast.  They could remove it at any time and your bill would not change.

Although I rarely use webmail, I do agree that whoever is behind the changes needs to be more mindful of customer preferences.  Sadly, though, time marches on and changes, no matter how uncomfortable, happen, including in email.  And this is the main reason why I use an email client - they don't make radical changes with updates and I have more latitude inhow I want my client to handle with the features I prefer.  Just saying and it's my observations.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@lynndermott wrote:

Besides the MOVE icon being missing, the PRINT icon is also missing. 

Yes, they are "missing" as individual icons, but they're still there under the three bars:

Again_0-1593214324283.png

No idea when or if those icons will return, but it would be nice if they did return soon.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

There is no double-headed arrow.  My email is in full view mode already.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here