mpecenka's profile

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, May 6th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Missing Emails

As of 4/21/2020 after only resetting my password, all my emails have disappeared. I did see there was a previous thread in regards to this issue and it was resolved. I have contacted support and was referred to tier 2 but haven't heard from anyone yet. Tier 1 had me clear the cache and cookies but that made no change at all. The only change to the account was changing the password. Once we reset the password, the next time we logged in all of my emails (years worth) were gone. If I search a specific email address I can find emails from 2019, 2018, 2010, etc. but they are not in inbox like they used to be.  No other settings were changed and they were not erased as the trash and other folders are empty. I run a small business and need these messages. Is anyone else is having the same issue. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

The server shows emails in your mailbox in various folders. How exactly have you tried vieweing your email? (Website, Xfinity Connect, Third Party Email clients,etc.)

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. I have. The emails are not there, in any folders. I also tried looking in trash and clicking "restore emails" but those only go back to March 2020. I have emails from the last 10 years in my inbox and they are all gone and are not in any other folder. However, when I search for a specific email address I find emails from prior years. I also tried using different browsers and  my phone and my mail on my macbook and nothing was different. How can the emails be restored since I did not delete them. All I did was change my password and when I logged in again the emails in my inbox were gone. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

Can you clarify if its ALL emails or SOME emails

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you. So my imac pulls the emails into my computer and my iphone pulls the into my iphone. Do I need to change those settings somehow? Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

I've checked the server logs and it appears there was a large amount of POP3 activity causing the deletion of emails. If you have an email client, it is recommended you convert them to IMAP to ensure email retention and synchronization across all platforms. I have run an email recovery script to have the server recover as many emails as it has available and can take up to 2 hours to complete. If you still do not see the emails you are looking for, then they are not recoverable by Comcast and you may want to review any possible data backups available on the device configured to access the email with the POP3 protocol. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

My inbox used to contain emails for years and years back to 2010 or earlier. Now it only contains email from April 24, 2020 forward. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately, I have no insight into how your email accounts are set up per device. Please refer to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switch-email-pop-to-imap

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I checked my iMac and the email is set-up as iMap. So now what? Where would the POP activity be coming from? Thank you.  Also, how could they be gone permanently because when I search for an email address the emails from prior years come up. Thanks. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

@mpecenka wrote:

I checked my iMac and the email is set-up as iMap. So now what? Where would the POP activity be coming from? Thank you.  Also, how could they be gone permanently because when I search for an email address the emails from prior years come up. Thanks. 

Please advise as to restoring the years of emails that have gone missing from my inbox. If I search for an email address the emails are there from 2010 - 2019 but they are not in my inbox. Also the "restore" folder created by Xfinity/Comcast only has emails back to March 23, 2020. It is well documented on this dicussion board that Xfinity/Comcast has had multiple instances of failure with reagard to keeping the emails of its customers in their inboxes. I am a small business owner and need the emails that were removed from my inbox through no action of mine. Please advise as soon as possible regarding restoring the at least ten years worth of emails that went missing from my inbox. Thank you. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

When I am logged into comcast or xfinity on the internet and then click on email, I can search and find the missing emails from 2010 - 2020 if I search the sender etc. but they are gone form my inbox where they all used to be. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

What platform are you finding the missing emails on when you are searching?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

gotcha, so they arent "missing" they are misplaced within your mailbox. Have you checked all your folders for where they might be located?

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

They are not misplaced. As I already explained, emails from 2010 - present were all in my inbox. Then they were gone. I did not move them or delete them or in any other way affect them. They simply disappeared from my inbox after I reset my password following notification of a breach. The  emails are not in any other folder or the trash. However, when I search an email address emails from the last 10 years are found. Please advise. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

I think you misunderstand. The search function finds emails contained within your mailbox. If you can search for the emails, they are in your mailbox somewhere. Can you confirm you have searched all 11 folders within your mailbox for the emails?

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I have searched all folders and the emails are not there. They were in my inbox and then they moved. I did not move them or delete them. The emails are no where in my mailboxes or folders. The recovered mailbox that comcast created yesterday also doesn't have all of them. So, the messages are searchable but are not in any of my mailboxes or folders. They were in my inbox but after I reset my password they were gone. When I search for an email address I can find emails back to 2010 through 2020. Please advise. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here