djwilhelm's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 18th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

IP address has been blacklisted for some reason and i cannot check my email?

Yesterday i booted up a laptop for the first time in a while and when i opened my email program it began downloading the 2600+ messages(comcast email account) that were backed up(I've just been using my phone lately). After it was done, i clicked send and recieve again to double check it'd all finished and i got a prompt to re-enter my password, when i did, i was informed that it couldn't be authenticated(or something along those lines) because my IP address had been temporarily blacklisted. i have two account, and both have the same error. one is mostly junk mail but i still use it when signing up for account so that the junk all goes to one address, the other is used to get work email forwarded to me though. i really need this problem solved quickly.

Also, i've checked my ip address in various sites that check for such things and it doesn't show as being blacklisted on anything. it seems to be isolated to just my comcast email, presumably BY comcast.

EDIT: Cloned my MAC address and was assigned a new IP address from ISP, this solved my problem.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

102 Messages

4 years ago

@djwilhelm Hello I am sending you a PM to gather more info. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

There doesn't appear to be any option for private messenger under any of my preferences tabs

Official Employee

• 

102 Messages

4 years ago

@djwilhelm It does not appear you have your PM feature enabled yet.

To do so,

1.Slect your profile icon / picture.
2.Select My settings, preferences
3.Selct private messenger and ensure Turn on private messages is checked.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

alright PMs are now open with the new rank.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here