Edwaz1's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 24th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

I get emails as usual, order things, it goes into Google email!!

I get emails okay BUT when I order things it goes to Google email!!  I had surgery so only have 1 hand right now, not great with computers, so need easy answers, please!   HELP!! 

Thanks!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Edwaz1 wrote:

I get emails okay BUT when I order things it goes to Google email!!  I had surgery so only have 1 hand right now, not great with computers, so need easy answers, please!   HELP!! 

Thanks!!

What operating system does your computer have?  Windows or MacOS?  It sounds like your default email setting is Google Mail.  What browser do you use when ordering things?  Does that browser have a default email in its Settings?

Contributor

• 

393 Messages

4 years ago

It sounds like whoever you are ordering from has your google mail address.  If you change email addresses, you need to update each vendor's information about you on their websites.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

sorry, i don'tknow all the 'computereze words', but if I order directly from an ad in my email, that order goes directly to Google to be processed,  Even IF I go to Google search for name of company it will be ordered on my Google email.  Thanks!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Edwaz1 wrote:

I recenly had Windows 10 installed, but this problem began weeks after.  I even respond and try to order from my email and it goes to the Google address.  I'm also getting LOTS of emails in my Outlook....like 30 or more per day!!

What 'goes to the Google address'?  Is it the vendors' confirmation email?  Like @strega7 asked, do the vendors you're ordering from have your Google email address?  Or, is your browser pre-populating the Google email address in a form for you?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I recenly had Windows 10 installed, but this problem began weeks after.  I even respond and try to order from my email and it goes to the Google address.  I'm also getting LOTS of emails in my Outlook....like 30 or more per day!!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

They do have both Google Chrome and Comcast addresses now.  Not sure how they got them...this was the first time I knew about the Google, but why did it go to Google?  I think the Google order automatically went to the company.  If I figure that out, it will be fixed!

Contributor

• 

393 Messages

4 years ago

By the way, you can become an google email account holder by acquisition.  That's the way I got mine.  Google just bought some company I had an account with, and then I automagically had an account (with email) at Google. 

Contributor

• 

393 Messages

4 years ago

The order status emails you get from a lot of vendors are unmonitored addresses so replying with a request may not get you to anyone.

I don't really understand the idea of ordering from an ad in your email, (this sounds like responding to spam but I hope that's not what it is).  Are you using "google pay" to pay for orders?  I never have used that but I assume it's like using paypal – ie: you already have an account with paypal, so paypal simply gives the vendor enough information to ship to you.  In paypal, the email address can be anything you like but it wouldn't surprise me at all if "google pay" was tied to your google email.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here