Shaman's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, March 5th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

How do I get my mail out of "My Folders" area?

Hi,

I've been heavily using the Comcast Xfinity Email at their website, while deleting viewed emails from the "Inbox" I've been creating and transfering some of the critical emails into the email folders that I have created in the "My Folders" section. Currently, I have many email files (with attachments) in those folders and I want to transfer them directly to my computer's mail program (along with the attachments), but I could not find a way to do that. When my computer's email program finds the mail files that's located in the "inbox" section via IMAP connection, it does not detect the emails filed in the folders located in the "My Folders" section. Since the mails in my account is reaching to the quota limit, I need to transfer those files located in the folders of "My Folders" section. Does anybody know how to do it? I have called the customer service of Comcast and the agent I spoke to had no idea how to do it.  I would very much appreciate any help to resolve my issue.

Kind regards,

M. Miski

P.S. Probably there is a cumbersome way to do this by transferring my organized emails back to the "Inbox" so that I can extract them via "inbox" transferred emails and then reorganize them again on my computer... Anybody knows a better way to do this without messing with the inbox area...

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

What desktop email client are you using?  I use Mac Mail and it shows all the folders in my Comcast account, including those under "My Folders".

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

You can save them to your computer. Select the email(s), click the more actions icon on the toolbar, and choose to save as file. The saved .eml files can then be opened by your email client.

save email 02.png

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks a lot. Actually following the IMAP configuration I was able to get subfolders transferred into the Apple's Mail program, however, the mail program was synced with the online server it just simply replicates ongoing actions in the Apple's Mail program too. Thus, if I delete the space consuming files in the sub-folders, those files get deleted also on the Apple's Mail program. I'm exploring ways to transfer them into the computer specific files rather than online server synced folders.

Thanks again.

Shaman

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Shaman wrote:

Thanks a lot. Actually following the IMAP configuration I was able to get subfolders transferred into the Apple's Mail program, however, the mail program was synced with the online server it just simply replicates ongoing actions in the Apple's Mail program too. Thus, if I delete the space consuming files in the sub-folders, those files get deleted also on the Apple's Mail program. I'm exploring ways to transfer them into the computer specific files rather than online server synced folders.

Thanks again.

Shaman

If I'm reading you right, you want to move messages out of the Comcast account and into Mac Mail-----right?  Try this:  in Mac Mail, open the Comcast account so you can see the folders.  Pick one, and drag and drop it down below the heading "On My Mac".  When you drop it, Mail will begin copying the folder and it's contents.  Folders in that section are local only, and are not affected by IMAP.  Then you can go back up and delete the folder in the Comcast account if you want to.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I was also using Mac Mail, following the IMAP configuration I was able to synch those files through the Mac Mail. However, the IMAP configuration made everything synchronized actively (i.e., if I delete any file on the server, same file deletion was taking place in the Mail folders), I guess I need to move those files/folders into the "on my mac" archiving area to disable active synchronization.

Kind regards,

Shaman

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here. so frustrated. months on this problem with them. my box constantly shows 100 % full and then i can not receive or send messages and even the higher leel techs know nothing about this issue. they are so stupid. they are like unplug your modem. it has nothing to do wth my modem. and it wont let me delete messages. It alwasy shows 1000 messages even when Im deleting the. I dont know how to store them on my lap top. Is there a way ? Im constantly missing work messages. this is a real problem. errgg. then they say theyll call me back and they dont. i think there is a problem with apple macs and their servers or something. LMK if you find out something. thank you 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

how do i find the folders on my my mac within the apple email area ? i cant find them? and is that the way to delete emails off the xfinity email acccount too? I have a bunch of flagged emails which might be clogging up the accounts but they dont even show up on the xfininty account on ly on mac email which is another issue. No one there semms to be able to help me. 

Official Employee

• 

133 Messages

4 years ago

DPinsel,

I added more quota to your mailbox. That should give you some room while you figure out the archive option in Mac mail. Below are the links directly from apple as they are the experts for Mac products.  Roughly half of the space is taken up in your inbox and the other half in your sent mail.  You can also sort your email by size on Xfinity Webmail. 

Setup email in Mac Mail: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204093

Archive email in mac mail: https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/archive-emails-mail35918/mac

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here