sumabo's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

How do I close my xfinity email account?

The so-called "permanently deleted" emails are held for over 3 months in the recovery file. So, not deleted from my xfinity account.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@sumabo wrote:

Thank you Latoque for your time and answer. I replied but think I might have replied as an answer to my own question!

When you delete a message, it goes to the Trash folder and stays there for 14 days, then it's supposed to drop into the "dumpster", or recovery file, and stay in there for another 30 days.  Then it's supposed to be permanently deleted.  

And to clarify------don't go by the dates you see on the messages in the recovery folder.  Those are the dates you originally got the message.  So if you delete an email from your Inbox that is two years old, it will go to Trash for 14 days, and then to the dumpster for another 30.  But the original date will still show.  Also, in the settings for your account you have the option to "Permanently remove deleted emails".  But all that does is skip the Trash folder when you hit the trash can icon and send it straight to the dumpster.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

If you mean your primary user ID, you can't close it.  It is your sign in credential for the entire Comcast account.  So just stop using it and eventually everything in the recovery folder will drop out permanently.  Emails are supposed to remain in it for 30 days after they dropped into it from the Trash folder, then they are deleted.

If you mean a secondary account, ----------------

Sign into your Primary account, then on the landing page click on Users at the top. You should see the list of accounts you have. To the right click on Edit. On the next page, under the account name, you should see the options to Suspend or Remove the account.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you Latoque for your time and answer. I replied but think I might have replied as an answer to my own question!

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for the answer.

The emails are not deleted after 30 days; they are gone from the trash but they remain with the ability to be recovered for at least 4 months ( which is actually an option under the "Trash" file.

That doesn't seem deleted to me. "deleted

I'm wondering if I just leave things in the trash instead of deleting them out of it before the 30 days when they are automatically "deleted" they would go away, and not be saved as a recovery option?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Again, Latoque, thank you for your time and answers. That makes sense. I wasn't paying attention, I suppose.

Happy New Year!

sumabo

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here