Tom325's profile

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Thursday, December 19th, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Happy.superlucky.xyz

THe message says you can qualify for (list of items) by only answering 9 questions. You are one of only a 100 select Xfinity customers to be selected. The Xfinity logo is on the dialog. Click OK and you could end up in a phishing scam - because they want your email. How do you contact anyone at Xfinity/Comcast to find out and verify any legitimacy to this JUNK? THere is no way to get a security officer for advice. My bank has easy ways to send the fallacious email and contents to them to help squelch these schemes - but Xfinit? Cannot find a single path to take.

If I go and select the 'OK' and pull the full address of the linked page - nothing resembling an Xfinity address shows up - just happy.superlycky.xyz/........ So, why does Xfinity not have a link directed to Security issues - not just a download some piece of semi junk from Norton Security (oh, and for the first year get a minimal discount on LifeLock... grrr.)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

Follow the "Report Spam and Phishing Emails" link on https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/ and the "Report Phishing Emails" instructions listed under that heading.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

4 years ago

For something that should be right at the top of support - this is a long chain of linkage.

That is why I posted my message - I did manage to get two phone numbers from the local Xfinity store for MidWest offices and the Security Director - 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here