kby9's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Friday, November 1st, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Emoticons drop down menu

I just checked again and the Emoticons drop down menu is still not available.  What is the issue and when will it be resolved.  110119

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Windows key works for me, too.  Would still like to have more choicers.  Can't someone fix this, please?

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the Information but it doesn't work for my Windows 7 Pro with Firefox 71.0 64 bit

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

I for one think it is pretty bad when we have a Comcast support agent and they can't even fix the problem. I've had trouble with Comcast email for a year now, called Support many time with no help. They tell me a higher up Tech will call me back within 48 hours, that was about a week and a half ago. I had their tech come out to my home and inspect everything, he said call email support (that who was calling me back but never did) but he said everything here is fine the problem is with Comcast's service. I think they got to big for their britches and while they collect millions of dollars every month they don't want to spend any to update their equiptment to handle all the business they now have. That's just my opinion but I'll bet their is a lot of others that agree.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

I check on a daily basis and you are right this should not be going on in this large a company. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I wanted to ask that those of you still experiencing the problem on a Windows computer, please attempt an additional troubleshooting step. Once you've composed a text email message and pull up the emoticon menu, press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the minus ( - ) or plus ( + ) button a couple times (one, then the other to check for differences in display) on your keyboard to see what type of adjustment happens on the emoticon menu view. Please let us know. Thank you again!

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Did not work for me.  No change to emoticons drop down menu available in Comcast email. 

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I wanted to ask that those of you still experiencing the problem on a Windows computer, please attempt an additional troubleshooting step. Once you've composed a text email message and pull up the emoticon menu, press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the minus ( - ) or plus ( + ) button a couple times (one, then the other to check for differences in display) on your keyboard to see what type of adjustment happens on the emoticon menu view. Please let us know. Thank you again!

It doesn't work for me; I end up with the Windows Magnifier when holding down the Windows key and hitting the + key.  FF 71.0 (64 bit).

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

It did not work for me either.  When I held down the Windows icon and hit plus (+) or minus(-) it also brings up the magnifier.  I am using Google Chrome, version 79.0.3945.88, 64-bit, Windows 10 Home.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same here.  Doesn't work.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Doesn't work for me either. This is getting a little ridiculous. 😞

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Yet another day gone by and still nothing that helps? I too just get the manifier.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I just got off the phone with Comcast. I directed her to this forum. After she researched, she told me that Comcast disabled the emoticons.  No longer an option.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

That's weird, they didn't tell me that but that don't surprise me. I check the box that says "Stay signed in" but mine times me out all the time, sometimes faster than I can write or read an email. I've called so many times but never get anyone that can fix or even answer the question why? They tried to put the blame here so they sent out their repair man, I told them if he found a problem here I would Pay but if not I wasn't. Long story short, he said eveything hee is A-OK the problem is on their email server. They collect Billions of dollars from us every month but don't want to spend the money to update their equiptment. I'm investigating AT&T & even Satellite myself, I'm sick of calling and getting no results. This with the Emoji problem only started after I received my last modem getting close to a year ago yet the repair man said the modem/router is fine.

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issue and it is very annoying.   I am constantly logged out even after indicating "stay signed in".

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

This Comcast employee needs to look at when this issue was brought to them in the forum.  Twice we had a Comcast Employee reposnd and offer a workaround which did not work either time.  Now we get a comment that indicates they disabled emoticons!  Does not the right hand know what they left hand is doing?  This is ridiculous.  This problem started way back in Nov 2019.

On 121719 we got this message.  Obviously this person had no clue that these keys brough up the Windows 10 magnifier.

Official Employee
‎12-17-2019 02:37 PM
Re: Emoticons drop down menu

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here