Community Forum

Emails sent to comcast.net addresses getting dropped but not bounced

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Emails sent to comcast.net addresses getting dropped but not bounced

Hello, just trying to get the attention of someone from Comcast support to look into this. I use a domain with a ".email" TLD, so mydomain.email because all the normal .com .net TLD's were taken. The mail service is hosted by Mailfence which is a paid service, not a cheap/free solution. I have an SPF record correctly setup for my domain to help limit spoofing, no issues there. My email works great for emailing just about anyone, with 100% success I can email:

• Gmail
  • Yahoo
  • Outlook.com/hotmail
  • and a wide variety of .com addresses such as local businesses

In all the above cases my emails land in recipients inboxes, never flagged as spam.

For some reason, people with comcast.net email don't receive my emails:

• They don't go to the Inbox
  • They don't go to Spam/Junk
  • They don't get filtered or hit a rule that's moving or deleting them
  • I have never received a bounced email back with a reason

Many of my family members use their comcast.net email addresses which is how I found the problem to begin with and did some troubleshooting. The only thing I can think of would be that comcast at one point detected spam being sent from the same IP as the mail server since it's a hosted provider, meaning I'm not the only domain hosted there and maybe someone else's hosted email domain was compromised or spamming, however no other email service is rejecting my mail (sent from Mailfence), it only appears to be Comcast. Perhaps @CCAntiSpam could take a look? Pleeeeease and thank you! A DM or email to me would be fine and I can share the domain with you to help with your search.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Emails sent to comcast.net addresses getting dropped but not bounced

@BlueFire127 wrote: ... Perhaps @CCAntiSpam could take a look? ...

That ID is no longer active in the Forums. @ComcastCSAEmail is now handling the kind of questions you are asking.

Highlighted
Official Employee

feel free to PM me the domain so i can investigate further.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Just sent a PM. Thank you for checking into this.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@BlueFire127 i'm only seeing a single email sent to our server in the last 30 days. The single email sent was delivered into the spam folder. Would you happen to be getting a bounceback message?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastCSAEmail - No unfortunately I haven't gotten a single bounceback. Just now I tried emailing my own comcast address and I did receive it in Spam. Then I added myself as a contact (name@mydomain.email) waited several minutes and sent another, it still went to Spam.

I guess that means Comcast's spam filtering does not take into consideration if you have an address saved in your contacts that it shouldn't be spam. There also doesn't appear to be a 'whitelist' option anywhere in the menu for users to quickly mark it as such. I tried the "Not Spam" option in the context menu and all it does is move the email from Spam to Inbox, but future emails from that address continue to go to spam. It's looking like the only user accessible option to correct this would be creating a Filter Rule for emails from my address, which is... not a good solution.

It would be helpful if you'd be able to tell me why my emails are flagged as spam by Comcast's filter (but not by Gmail, Yahoo, or others); is the cause the domain name, sending IP, or content?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm now adding DKIM and DMARC for the domain, it's good to have anyways, but I don't know if that'll have any affect on the 'reputation' of the domain as it's already clean.