bjenglund's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Email not being sent

Like many other users, in the last week all my outgoing emails are not being delivered. It's clearly a spam setting within xfinity as  the non delivery occurs across multiple devices (Mac, PC, & iPad) where the email is send out of the email client, but never arrives to the user (and returns no error message). Yes, using the web interface to send email does work, but the email clients worked on all the other devices for years so it's not an smtp setting on my end. (And yes I've tried using both port 587 (STARTTLS) and 465 ( SSL/TLS)). Can someone please check the Comcast spam logs on my account?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@bjenglund wrote:

SOLVED: Turns out the xfinity login requirement changed with your username needing the @comcast.net (as opposed to just the username, without the @comcast.net, which had been working).

no, the username field is for your comcast email without the "@comcast.net" on it. I checked our server logs and appears you were being flagged for spam, i've cleared up the filtration for you. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

SOLVED: Edit: Not solution see reply below

Frequent Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks! Back in business.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  Is this something that you can fix for me?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@johnd88 wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  Is this something that you can fix for me?

@johnd88 you are not being blocked. The server reports delivery and in half the instances shows that your recipients are forwarding your emails elsewhere. Have your recipients check their email filters/rules and/or email forwarding rules. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here