rcschmidtjr's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Email messages not being received by comcast customers

We are a high school and we send out nightly grade reports to parents, many of which are comcast customers.  Sometime in mid December, those messages stopped being received.  I have tested and captured packets and have determined that the messages are still being sent and accepted by comcast's email servers but then nothing happens.  They just disappear.

Could you please put me in contact with the department that could help me determine why these messsages are not being delivered?  

I have tried many different avenues over the past few months trying to get this resolved and they have all been dead ends.

Thank you,

Bob

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

We are having the same problem with emails not being delivered to comcast customers.

We are a public tv station and cannot send ticket purchase reciepts to comcast addresses.

The Comcast domain are the only messages not making it through.

The domain is cpt12.org

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Jd_sysadmin, did you get help with this?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have a son who is emailing me from with a @Missionary.org account.  For several weeks no email from him have made it to my @comcast.net account nor my wife's, nor my daughters.  When he sends it to a gmail account it comes through without issues.  I can see on his address it has my correct email addess, but it is not showing up in my inbox, nor is it in my spam folder.  It just disapears.  He isn't getting a rejection message.  

I have tried forwarding what I received in gmail to my comcast account and I can get it, so it isn't a size issue.  

Please assist.  

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks ComcastAntiSpam for resolving our problem with poor IP reputation.

emails to comcast domains are now getting delivered.

jd

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yesterday, I sent two messages from my comcast account.  These went to my sent folder, but it appears that they did not go out.  I was among the 75 or so recipients and I never received it.  Is there a limit to the number of recipients, or is there another issue?  I have had similar intermittant issues with sending emails to only one or handful of recipients, but most emails do go out successfully.

Thanks for any help. @CCAntiSpam 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

@batnole it's being flagged as a stock scam, and looking at the subject, I'm not sure there's much I can do about that.   you might want to try to restate the subject look less like you're offering gold and stock picks.  If you really want to keep it that way, I can try to have it resolved, but I'm worried it might come back.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

@batnole All major email providers do some amount of content scanning.  So, yes, it's quite likely causing an issue there as well. Your number of recipients is fine, no need to change how you're sending, but more likely the content needs to be adjusting.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAntiSpam Thank you for your quick reply.  I resent the message with your suggestion of removing references to gold and picks.  The body of the message did not change.  That was sent about 20 minutes ago, and I have not received it yet.

Do you think it is because of the number of recipients?  Does it help to use BCC instead?

Are your spam filters looking in the message as well?  Should I remove any references to gold throughout my message (only 1 or 2 that I see)?

Is there a guide somewhere of which words/phrases not to use in email, or can an alert be sent when the message does not go out?  I would not have known that mine didn't had I not copied myself on the message.

Thanks again.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAntiSpam That makes sense, but I sent a copy of the same message to only myself (2 recipients - an alternate gmail account and also my comcast email address) and I received it almost immediately in both places.  Since Comcast let that one go out, it seems that the number of recipients may be a factor.  Unless I am misunderstanding something.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Here is a further update in case it helps any others.  I was able to PDF the text of my email and it successfully went to the 76 intended email recipients (I think, at least I got it). 

As a suggestion to @CCAntiSpam and team, it would be helpful if an alert could pop up when an email is rejected to let us know that it did not reach its intended recipients. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

5 years ago

@aszat I believe this should be resolved now.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAntiSpam Thanks for the reply and hopeful fix! 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am having issues with 2 customers (1 comcast email not receiving emails and 1 other domain whose Comcast customers are not receiving their emails) and my own email which does not get received by some Comcast customers (including 1 of my own customers). Please help! I would rather pm someone about the issues.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

5 years ago

@MegaLink wrote:

I am having issues with 2 customers (1 comcast email not receiving emails and 1 other domain whose Comcast customers are not receiving their emails) and my own email which does not get received by some Comcast customers (including 1 of my own customers). Please help! I would rather pm someone about the issues.

Please do not send an unrequested PM to anyone as it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our PM Policy here.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I did read that I can't pm anyone already, hence why I am posting in order to get a request because that is what I would prefer.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How can I get a similar problem resolved? No emails from our church are getting to comcast customers (with 2-3 exceptions).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here