kathyjoe's profile

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

Sunday, February 23rd, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Email Abuse

Other than blocking a comcast email address, can I report a user who is sending unwanted political emails and have them notified thru Comcast.  I do not wish to engage with this person myself, so hoping there is a way that they can be notified thru comcast.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@kathyjoe wrote:

Other than blocking a comcast email address, can I report a user who is sending unwanted political emails and have them notified thru Comcast.  I do not wish to engage with this person myself, so hoping there is a way that they can be notified thru comcast.

Your only alternative is to report it to abuse.  Report Abuse.  Scroll down and click on the Report Spam and Phishing Emails tab and follow the directions.

You might also want to block them with a filter.

I don't know if that customer will be notified immediately or not [probably not], but that's the best way to go about this.

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your reply.  I have blocked them, however, I would like to be able to make Comcast aware of this. 

Your response indicates that the "abuser" will be notified of the report, although not immediately.  Is that correct, and do you know if I would receive a copy of the report they make?  I always felt that when I used the "report abuse" function, it was just going out into thin air.  Good to know that may not be true. 

Thanks again!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

Using the abuse report method to abuse@comcast.net -  the reporting party will receive an email confirmation that their report was received by our system. We will review in accordance with industry standard complicance for email sending (example: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business ) and process accordingly. 

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you.  I sent a report this morning and then a follow up with some info that I omitted.  I have not received a confirmation on either.  Is this an automatic response or a person generated response?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@kathyjoe It will be an automated email titled " Thank You" with the red "XF" logo next to the subject. When you do report the emails, be sure to follow: https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204644060/how-do-i-view-email-headers-for-a-message#all/How_to_view_headers_in_third-party_email_applications

to getting the full email headers sent over as any other formatting may actually prevent you from sending the email to the abuse@comcast.net because by the time you send it - we may already be filtering for it.  Essentially, If you send the report to abuse@comcast.net you will get an automated confirmation that we received your report OR you wont get anything because we are already blocking that email from being distributed on the comcast.net platform. 

Contributor

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you.  I still have not received anything.  I copy and pasted the Header from my Xfinity Web Mail Acct  and pasted into the body of the Harrasment Report email.  Should I have done it differently?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here