spettit's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 19th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Countless Password Resets

"In a recent security review, we detected a potential issue with your Xfinity profile. As a precaution, you'll need to reset your password."

I was forced to reset/change my email password on April 18th and now this past Wednesday I got the above message again. I check my mail on my desktop and laptop and have 2-step verification turned on. My friends who have Comcast/Xfintiy do not have this problem. Why me and what can be done other than going with Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, etc, for my emails? This has happend several times before in the past 12 months!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@spettit wrote:

"In a recent security review, we detected a potential issue with your Xfinity profile. As a precaution, you'll need to reset your password."

I was forced to reset/change my email password on April 18th and now this past Wednesday I got the above message again. I check my mail on my desktop and laptop and have 2-step verification turned on. My friends who have Comcast/Xfintiy do not have this problem. Why me and what can be done other than going with Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, etc, for my emails? This has happend several times before in the past 12 months!!!

Are these official Comcast/Xfinity emails?  Do they have the red xf logo next to them and in the opened email?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Recently I have had problems again with logging into my email. I'm having to change my password every week!  My password was denied June 13th, June 19th and June 20th. These are only the most recent attempts at logging on. This is an ongoing, very annoying problem. There has to be a better solution than having to constantly create new passwords.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

I have checked our back end and we only forced a single instance of a password change on June 22nd due to a likely compromise(access from multiple locations outside the country simultaneously). Additionally, there is a 72 hour grace period before our system allows another forced password reset. If you got "wrong password" outside of the mentioned date, it is either software/hardware/user error. If you use the "save password" method of logging in, there may be a corruption in your password keychain and you will need to clear it(its remembering your old password and auto-filling the wrong password). Caps lock is a common mistake when attempting to enter passwords. Sometimes debris under the keyboard can also cause issues typing passwords correctly. Additionally, if you already haven't - i recommend you run virus and malware scans on your devices to ensure that there isnt any software related interferece from a possible infection of your device. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCSAEmail: I got a "Please reset your Xfinity Password" email on 6/26, and another one today, both on the email ID associated with my forum account. Both show an Xfinity Verified logo. Can you give me any clues as to what is triggering these? Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@BruceW investing this issue for you. Can you please PM me details on how you access your account and what types of browsers you use? and if possible, do you know if you have ever accessed your account with Javascript disabled?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCSAEmail wrote: ... Can you please PM me details on how you access your account and what types of browsers you use? and if possible, do you know if you have ever accessed your account with Javascript disabled?

PM sent, thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here