marycampo's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 9th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Comcast Email Hacked

My email account was hacked and I have not been able to send or receive emails since it happened a few days ago. I have tried resetting my password but I still do not see any new emails coming in since my account was hacked. How can I fix this?

Official Solution

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

3 years ago

@slehmann1 wrote:

My Comcast email account was hacked. I've changed password already. The thieves copied my entire email address book and then deleted all the entries. Is there anyway I can recover those email addresses?

Call Comcast security and see if they can get them back-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

check your email settings for any filters or email forwarding that may still be enabled. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How do I check settings for this Email account?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the exact same problem.  email was hacked.  changed password, and am now not recieving any emails.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@GraceUCC wrote:

I am having the exact same problem.  email was hacked.  changed password, and am now not recieving any emails.

Are you using webmail or an email client?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

webmail.

all of the email addresses have been deleted from our address book as well.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@chamberbj wrote:

How do I check settings for this Email account?

On the Inbox page, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen, then on Settings>>>>>>>Filter rules.  You should also check "Auto Forward".

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

we have no filter rules set.  we do have the spam filter on, but there isn't even anything in our spam folder.  oddly, an email from Facebook came through this morning, but no other emails are getting through.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

checking the back end for email filters it showed one forwarding all emails to outlook.com. Exact same as your comcast email, just outlook.com. I have disabled this filter. Let me know if this has changed anything.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My email was hacked and all my contacts received a phishing email stating I needed money and please send me gift cards to emails that looked similar but were with MSN and AOL. After sending the email they deleted all of my contacts and all of my sent files. Thus I was unable to warn everyone and now have no contacts. Xfinity stated they could not retrieve my contacts. My question is why doesn't Xfinity send a warning that all of your contacts are being deleted. It seems highly unlikely anyone would delete all of their contacts. Thus the most likely people deleting contacts would be hackers.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was also hacked. The toad created a hotmail email address with my full name. They were able to send an email to my entire address book...~1,500 addresses. In the email they used my comcast address to make it look exactly like mine, however, when hovering over the return email address which was mad to look identical to my original address, it showed my name @hotmail.com as the reply address, not my comcast address. The reply address in my settings had been changed to the hotmail address, and the filters were changed to not allow me to receive messages. They then deleted all of my address book. They sent two emails to my contacts. the first just simply asking if they would do a favor for me. The second asked for money; actually they asked my contacts to send them 4 $100 iTunes cash cards. I had to change passwords on my comcast account, change the settings to remove them from receiving any responses. an changed all the passwords on all credit card/bank accounts, etc...

The Comcast/xfinity account is obviously in the cloud. My question is Does Xfinity have all of my address data in the  cloud somewhere? and if it does, is the Xfinity Cloud which holds my address data the area that was hacked? My personal computer is extremely safe with malware and virus/worm, etc protection. And my software indicates no breaches. How did these people get to my information?? I have spent an enormous amount of time correcting this problem and am pretty upset about it. Please respond. Rebuilding my address book is becoming an onerous task. 

Pmadd

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The exact same thing happened to me. My email was hacked and someone sent a message to my contacts saying I was sick and asking for gift cards. I have implemented all of the security methods that Comcast security recommended: I removed message forwarding in the settings tab,  I changed my password, I have a security question and I have a two step log in process. Unfortunately, after implementing all of these security steps, the same thing happened today. Comcast security says this couldn't happen but it did.  I have escalated the issue and they said they would look into it. Maybe I need to drop Comcast as my email provider.  Any advice?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello-

My email was breached multiple times. Hacker bypassing two-steps authentication changed password, linked the email to another Xfinity account took complete control like a system administrator.  The email was then purged to the reserve pool.  

Talked to CSA agents several times trying to recover the email, issued two 'escalated' tickets, don't know what to do. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My Comcast email account was hacked. I've changed password already. The thieves copied my entire email address book and then deleted all the entries. Is there anyway I can recover those email addresses?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My email too was hacked. I changed my password but am still not able to receive or send email. I went into the Filter Rules. Don’t understand how these work. How can I get my email working again?

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hi, @wick423! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our experts on the Xfinity Community Forum! I'm so sorry to hear you've been having trouble sending and receiving emails -- I know that can be super frustrating when you depend on your email daily. I'd love to troubleshoot your email with you and get it back to normal function. Please send me a message with your first and last name.

To send a Live Chat, click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat.

I look forward to working with you soon!

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here