kilbarchan's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Comcast Email Filters

Has anyone had any success constructing an email filter that works?

I set filters as follows:

'If Sender Contains updates @ vmail
'Mark Message as Read'
'Transfer message to folder 'Trash'

'If To Contains trustmobile
'Mark Message as Read'
'Transfer message to folder 'Trash'

Both of the 'Contains' are excerpts. The sender is HTML and varying numbers follow 'vmail'. The 'To' filter is followed by '.xyz'. I do not use the entire 'From' or 'To'.

These filters were built using instruction from Xfinity Facebook page.

AND THE GARBAGE KEEPS COMING!! Yes the garbage gets trapped in the Spam Folder. NO I DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT AT ALL!

If there was another local vendor for a landline phone and TV I would be gone in a heartbeat!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@kilbarchan 

What email client are you using?  If you are trying to create a filter for every spam message you receive you are going to have a lot of filters under one category.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you. Then if I declare it Not spam and setup the filter will it do what I intended?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@kilbarchan wrote: ... the garbage gets trapped in the Spam Folder. ...

In Comcast's email, user-defined filters operate only on mail delivered to the Inbox. If Comcast's systems decide a message is spam, they deliver it directly to the Spam folder and it is not processed by any user-defined filters.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

@kilbarchan wrote: ... Then if I declare it Not spam and setup the filter will it do what I intended?

User defined email filters only operate on email Comcast delivers to the Inbox as it is being delivered. They don't operate on messages you move to the Inbox.

Your filters might work if you turn off their spam filtering altogether so that everything they deliver arrives in the Inbox, but that means you'd have to do your own spam filtering. As suggested above, that's a big job.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

If the filters work as I expect them to, it should not be that big of a job as the majority of my spam comes from similar addresses. Thanks for your help!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Sad that the best answer comes from another customer and not an Xfinity employee. If there was an alternative to Xfinity where I live I'd be gone in a heartbeat!

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@kilbarchan wrote:

Sad that the best answer comes from another customer and not an Xfinity employee. If there was an alternative to Xfinity where I live I'd be gone in a heartbeat!

This is primarily a customer-to-customer help and support forum.

Again_0-1597092339671.png

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here