paganjim's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 13th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Cannot access a particular web site

I am trying to access one website in particular, jimandms.com.

I cannot access it through your network at all. Not on any of the three computers we have or the cells we have connected.

If I go through a vpn, I can access the site.

I have reset the modem, checked my hosts file and flushed my dns.

And I still cannot access that site while accessing any others.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCSAEmail wrote:

EDIT: Further review shows that the website is not secure either, accessing from google chrome gives the following error: "This server could not prove that it is jimandms.com; its security certificate is from *.web-hosting.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection." It's likely that the website is misconfigured. Do you know if you by chance have the xFi Advanced Security service?

FWIW, I get the same message and I am NOT using Xfinity equipment.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

The only thing the VPN does is change the IP address you are accessing from, so the issue is that the website has likely blacklisted/blocked your network IP. You will want to reach out to the domain host/owner to resolve it.

EDIT: Further review shows that the website is not secure either, accessing from google chrome gives the following error: "This server could not prove that it is jimandms.com; its security certificate is from *.web-hosting.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection." It's likely that the website is misconfigured. Do you know if you by chance have the xFi Advanced Security service?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here