virginiabuckeye's profile

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

Friday, April 19th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Can't Send Email - started this morning

I have not been able to send email today. I get my email, but can't send. Using Thunderbird 60.6.1 on Windows 10. Using smtp.comcast.net on Port 465. Have also tried Port 587. Security SSL, Normal Password. Message is: Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.comcast.net timed out. Try again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, JC. The best way to narrow it down would be to confirm whether or not the delay happens at all ever, using the native Comcast site. Appreciate your time.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Thanks, JC. The best way to narrow it down would be to confirm whether or not the delay happens at all ever, using the native Comcast site. Appreciate your time.

Yes, I do experience the same thing on Myxfinity, BUT..........Is my face red?? I have experienced a revelation, it seems. In discussing this with my wife, she (who has her own laptop) said she never has a problem with using Firefox mail client in Xfinity mail. Being a non-believer of OTHER nearly 80 year olds, I ask her to demonstrate.  She sent me an email and I receieved it, immediately at the same time of day that I was having both sending and receiving.

I have gone through several desktops and laptops since going with Comcast. As I look back, this is the only machine on which I've had this problem.

So, I believe this is one of those, "My bad!" situations. My apoplogies and thanks for your patience.

Jim Cox 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm joining the long list of folks who can't connect to the smtp server.  I haven't seen any clear solutions.  Has anyone posted a definitive answer to the issue?  Any suggestions?

1.  No outgoing mail on multiple AppleOS computers (not phones).

2. Outgoing mail on other secondary accounts and other AppleOS computers works.

3. Mail in other (noncomcast mail) accounts works.

4.  Have check all settings. - set as directed by Xfinity Support

5.  Urban network (Portland, OR)

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for this message, wmspdx. The issue I posted that started this thread was an intermittant one. Comcast employees who get on here don't read the original posts and think they are trying to solve an ongoing issue. The only ongoing aspect of this issue is that after each occurrence, the issue goes away after a few days and life goes on - until the next occurrence a month, two months or six months later. It would seem to be an issue that could be resolved if they would just look into it more deeply. I think it's a Comcast server problem. I use the latest, most up-to-date version of Thunderbird on Windows 10. My message is: "Sending of the message failed. The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.comcast.net timed out. Try again." This will continue for a day or two then resolve itself. The best explanation I saw came from Scheinbergh who said on April 29:

"Problem with SMTP server.

Pinging to smtp.comcast.net fails with IPv6 address [2001:558:fe21:2a::5].

Pinging to smtp.comcast.net succeeds with IPv6 address [2001:558:fe16:1b::16].

This means that it's a toss-up if you reach the GOOD server  [2001:558:fe16:1b::16] or the BAD server [2001:558:fe21:2a::5].  I hope Comcast will address this soon.

Hal"

I don't know how to determine which servers I'm encountering when trying to send mail. This is a good place for Comcast to start looking for answers.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been struggling with this issue all morning as well

SMTP connection works fine with Ourlook on my PC

SMTP Connection works fine on my iPhone using Outlook for iOS

SMTP will NOT connect on my iPad using Outlook for iOS

I have deleted and reinstalled the App

I have changed the ports

Finally I deleted Outlook for iOS and set up the account in the native mail App for the iPad and everything works just fine.

Beyond frustrated and walking away from this for a while.  I wanted to just keep everything on Outlook for consistent look and feel.  

Hopefully they sort this out soon.

Russ

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

I feel your pain, but your issue is not the same as the one that started this thread. You seem to have a problem getting Outlook for iOS working on your iPad. You might try contacting Apple to see what the problem is. You could also start a new thread here.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

5 years ago

Hey, virginiabuckeye. I hope you are having a good day. I apologize to hear of the issue you are still running into with the sending email. Certainly frustrating, to say the least. I would like to take a closer look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

All, same error message as repeatedly posted by others.

Problem just started within last week or so.

Use AVG, went to their settings and unclicked 'scan outgoing emails', rebooted and it seems to be working (at least for a couple of test emails). hope this helps.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

5 years ago

Hi @Davis1601

Thank you for sharing. If you have any more issues, please let us know. We'd be happy to help. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I can receive e-mails but can't send any on my Apple iPad.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having the same issue on my MAC, I can recieve but cannot send

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I got this again today (09/09/2019), and have in the past.  Super Monday morning hassle!

I think the last time it happened couple months ago, I downloaded a new Thunderbird email system to fix it?  May have to do that again!?

"Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.comcast.net timed out. Try again."

Contributor

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry to hear this. I haven't had the issue in a few months, and hoped it might have gone away for good. Silly me.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that some of you may still be experiencing issues with your email. We would love to assist with further looking into this and getting it corrected. If you're still having this issue,  please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different.

To send a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “send a message.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

5 years ago

There is No place on https://www.xfinity.com/support/ page where you can "Send" a private message. I have searched the page up and down and no such link exists?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here