BruceW's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

Thursday, October 24th, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Appsuite webmail v7.10.0-1-3

In Appsuite webmail v7.10.0-1-3:

1. The "Select All" checkbox has been replaced with an oddly named "All" dropdown. Please restore the "Select All" checkbox, or add "Select All" as one of the "All" dropdown options. Without "Select All", tasks I was able to perform in 2 or 3 clicks now can take a dozen or more.

2. The browser title bar displays "Inbox - Mail - [My Full Name!!!] - Xfinity Connect" or "Mail - [My Full Name!!!] - Xfinity Connect". Please remove the full name from the title bar. If I'm in a public place, do I want my full name visible full-time at the top of the webmail screen? No, I do not.

3. The new Compose window is far too small. Even with the "Maximize" option turned on, Compose does not make full use of the available screen space.

4. "Settings / About" no longer allows me to copy the Version number. As manually reading and typing the version number is error-prone (at least, it is when I try to do it) the ability to copy and paste should be restored.

Thank you.

Edit: Full name wording; ETA: Version number not copyable

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

And suddenly I find I'm back to Appsuite webmail version 7.8.4-6-107. That's fine with me, but what the ding-dong Comcast? What's going on?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

@Latoque wrote: ... How are you accessing the Inbox?  I did a little testing, and using Edge and Firefox I still get "Select all".  ...

ATM Firefox and Chrome are seeing v7.8.4-6-107 with "Select all", while Edge and IE11 are seeing v7.10.0-1-3 with "All". Earlier both Firefox and Chrome were getting v7.10.0-1-3 as well. Curiouser and curiouser!

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

5 years ago

@BruceW

How are you accessing the Inbox?  I did a little testing, and using Edge and Firefox I still get "Select all".  With the same account using Vivaldi I get "All".  Clicking on it gets me a menu that has "All messages in this folder" as an option, but it's greyed-out.  There appears to be no way right now to mark all messages in any folder with the new arrangement.  So it may be partly browser related.  However, as I mentioned in the other thread, not all of my Comcast accounts have been affected, at least not yet.  

But if I sign into the Michigan secondary account using Edge I get "All".  If I sign into the same account using Vivaldi I get "Select all".  This is the menu I get if I click on "All"------------------------------------------

New All button.PNG

The option to "Mark all messages as read" is not functional.  I think I'm going to escalate this thread and see if we can get some traction on what's going on.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

And now today 10-25, Chrome, Edge, and IE11 are getting v7.8.4-6-107 with "Select all", while Firefox is seeing v7.10.0-1-3 with "All", and still cheerfully announcing MY FULL NAME AT THE VERY TOP OF MY EMAIL WINDOW, for all to see! Ugh!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

Today 10-26, Firefox, Chrome, and Edge are getting v7.8.4-6-107 with "Select all", while IE11 is seeing v7.10.0-1-3 with "All", and all the problems listed in the OP. Not acceptable!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

Today 10-27, we're back to the lineup from two days ago: Chrome, Edge, and IE11 are getting v7.8.4-6-107 with "Select all", while Firefox is seeing v7.10.0-1-3 with "All".

Come on Comcast. What is this craziness???

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

Now on 10-28, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and IE11 are all getting v7.10.0-1-3 with "All". R.I.P v7.8.4-6-107 with "Select all", hello brand new set of bugs and poor design decisions.

To repeat my main complaints about this version:

1. The "Select All" checkbox has been replaced with the oddly named "All" dropdown. Without "Select All", tasks I was able to perform in 2 or 3 clicks now can take a dozen or more. Please restore the "Select All" checkbox, or add "Select All" as one of the "All" dropdown options, or as a right-click option. 

2. The browser title bar displays "Inbox - Mail - [My Full Name!!!] - Xfinity Connect" or "Mail - [My Full Name!!!] - Xfinity Connect". If I'm in a public place, do I want my full name visible full-time at the top of the webmail screen? No, I do not. Comcast has saddled us with a useless security risk. Please remove the full name from the title bar. 

3. The new Compose window is far too small. Even with the "Maximize" option turned on, Compose does not make full use of the available screen space. Please fix.

4. "Settings / About" no longer allows me to copy the Version number. As manually reading and typing the version number is error-prone (at least, it is when I try to do it) the ability to copy and paste should be restored. Please fix.

ETA:

5. Please provide an audible and/or visual New Mail indication. That's an option in nearly every email program or app that was missing from Appsuite from the very beginning.

Official Employee

• 

133 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. 

• The select all fix is already in the works and will take a bit of time to go through the normal processes to get out to everyone.  Especially since we want to give the current release time to bake to allow for feedback like this. 
  • Agreed around the full name in the browser title, I will follow up on that one

• Copy and paste version  - strange one I will look into it
  • Compose window - We will have to see what flexibility we have around the size, but this feedback isn't prevalent so far

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

And what good is it to "mark all as read?"  For me, nothing!

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Yes don't you think that sometimes things are updated just for the sake of updating with no real benefit to the update?  Hopefully the select all feature is fixed soon. Thanks for your reply.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Up until a week or so ago I went to my inbox and was able to select all emails and then go through and uncheck the ones I wanted now I have to delete one at a time. This is a very bad idea. Why do you fix something that is not broke. The drop down menu for read messages etc. helps me in no way.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastGabriel wrote: ...
  • The select all fix is already in the works ...
  • Agreed around the full name in the browser title, I will follow up on that one
  • Copy and paste version  - strange one I will look into it
  • Compose window - We will have to see what flexibility we have around the size ...

Thank you. I should have included an item which has been missing from Appsuite webmail from the beginning:

5. Please provide an audible and/or visual New Mail indication.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Sure is taking a long time to fix something that used to exist.  Useless update.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I found a work-around of sorts. If you check the top box, and then while holding the select key, click on another box lower down the email list to select all of the emails between the boxes.

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Genius. Thank you.  Still don't understand why that was an "update" to do away with that box, but this does work.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here