Daveanderson315's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, April 17th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

All emails from my inbox and trash are missing

All  my emails from my inbox and trash are all missing that are dated before 3/20/20.  There is no way I deleted both of these boxes to exact same date.  In fact I only delete my inbox on per email bases, no mass deleting.

Any ideas what happened?

Thanks Dave

EDIT - I am only at 11% of my 10G of available space

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I can check in about an hr. But if you see a big move today that was me.
Its just odd i never clean out my trash right away after i clean out my in box, just in case i moved something i realize later that i will need.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

I checked the server logs and its saying someone signed in and manually moved a lot of emails to the trash. Can you check the "recover deleted items" option under the trash folder? Also, if you havent done so recently, i recommend updating your password. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I looked into the recover deleted items and that only goes back as far a 3/3/20.  I didnt even know that was there so Im not sure why that is the only ones there.

And I would never just mass delete, I had messages that are yrs old and I am now missing all my latest Michigan Unemployment messages before 3/20/20.

None of my folders seem to be missing and nothing from the folders seem to be missing.

How do I get all these emails back? Some from 2014.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast can I get an update? They are not recoverable on my end. They arent being deleted by another device and i have no viruses.
Looking through multiple threads this timing looks to be on your end.
Allot of people lost stuff on or before this date.
Comcast has to have their servers backed up.
Im currently unemployed and I have my job search history and employer communications and unemployment documentation missing. I need someone to step up and help me.
Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a similar scenario to this support chain and other support message chains on this community forum such as one titled 'All emails are gone'. An official employee answered one of the chains on 3/26/2020 stating that 'Everyone who referenced emails missing on 3/20/2020 should have seen them reappear as engineers ran a restore process for your email accounts'.

What Happened:

On 3/19/2020 at 11:00pm I checked my emails and folders and all the emails appeared to be present at this point in time. Then again I checked my email on 3/20/2020 at around 10:00am and all my emails were gone, to include folders, trash, and inbox. I have continued to receive new emails in my inbox since 3/20/2020.

I have been in contact with tech support and up to yesterday they were only able to retrieve items from the deleted and spam folders. Initially I started with the general support, then I requested an advanced repair ticket for a restore folder.

The emails are still missing and I would like help to restore emails.

Official Employee

• 

133 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry for the trouble, we are working on this now and it should be resolved within a few hours. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately, the restore process only works up to 30 days from time of emails going missing.

EDIT 4/27:

After working with ComcastGabriel above, we were able to identify that the reason a simple recovery did not work was due to your account being part of a previously documented issue that required a different type of fix. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Comcastcsaemail

So what the fix that my emails should have been a part of? And if you know there was an issue and a fix why wasnt I notified and this fixed.
Saying sorry everything you had for yrs is gone because I was part of an issue is not satisfactory.
What is the next step or who do I have to contact to help me?
Thank you

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

@Daveanderson315

You are responding to a year-old thread.  It is being closed.  Please start your own thread with your question.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

is there any update or guidance to this issue?  i just had the same thing occur. everything from my inbox between 4/6/21 and today just vanished as well as everything in my trash folder. a folder that i created after 4/6/21 and every message in it is also gone. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same thing happened to me today. I am missing emails from the same  date onward until 2am this morning.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here