bha925's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Monday, June 29th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

95% Quota Alert- Tckt #912798016

First I confess I'm NOT an IT person.  I've had the same email address with Comcast for many years.  Up until about 6 months ago, it was a POP 3 only account.  Now, for various reasons, I also have the same address set up as an IMAP account and have stopped the downloading into the POP 3.  Recently, I occasionally receive the 95% of Quota alert on the emails and that I need to delete some.  Which one am I needing to delete from POP 3 or IMAP...I assume IMAP?  I cleaned out the trash/deleted recently but just received the alert again.  Most of my emails need to be kept in various folders I have set up in MS Outlook.  Obviously, I called Tech Support...supposedly this morning....as usual I got someone that could barely speak English....in addition to the communication barrier....she offered ZERO help.  I CANNOT AFFORT TO LOSE EMAILS.  Could someone with knowledge in this area please tell me what I need to do?  See the ticket number above.  It is very frustrating to have a hold time of over an hour only to get a call back that offers no help and mass chaos in the background on their end.  HELP...please!!

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

2nd part to my reply....I just did what the link instructs me to do.....there's just not anywhere near 10GB of stored emails that I can find.  This is the problem.  The IMAP has only been set up about 6 mos.  

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I think another problem is...I'm only seeing the more recent emails in my IMAP setting....I don't believe I'm seeing any of the POP 3 that may be saved on the server.  How do I see EVERYTHING that is being stored?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Where is there a clear explanation of what is counted in the storage limit?  I have InBox sub folders...do their contents count?  

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@Murphles Please start a new thread with your question.

Closing this 15 month old thread to further replies.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

sure, Comcast email has a storage limit of 10GB. Regardless of POP3 or IMAP if you have enough emails that are saved on the comcast.net server - you will eventually hit the 10GB storage limit. As the support page states, if you have large attachments saved, its better to save them locally onto your computer or mobile device and delete the online copy to conserve space in your mailbox.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Please....could I please just get an answer to my question....is this being caused by my POP 3 account....or the IMAP account.....both have the same email address?  I've seen the link you sent before and it's not very explanatory.  

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

server confirms you went from 9.7 to 9.6GB. I'll also PM you the folder names that take up majority of the storage limit in your mailbox. 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Where else other than the online inbox and other folders....would I find what's being stored on the server?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@bharris925 wrote:

I finally think I figured it out.  Just deleted a ton of emails.  However....the gear icon has not updated.  Could you take a look and tell me what I've got it down to?  Thanks for the help.

Clear your cache, close your browser, and restart it.  Log back into webmail and then check.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I finally think I figured it out.  Just deleted a ton of emails.  However....the gear icon has not updated.  Could you take a look and tell me what I've got it down to?  Thanks for the help.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I saw the private msg....and don't see any way to respond there.  However....I've clicked on the gear....see the inboxes....but again....I'm only seeing fairly recent emails.  I see nowhere near the quantities you're talking about.  I have a hunch I'm not seeing the POP 3 account and only the more recent IMAP....can you help???

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the help.  Was able to reduce it about 25%.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having same problem and have had to delete thousands of very important files, photos etc from my BUSINESS email. I had no other choice...got it down to 86% now 2 months later back at 98%...and I have deleted consistently all trash and unimportant info. I think there is some other issue. I am at a loss. So frustrating...

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@0424schu 

Residential email was never meant for business purposes; you should consider using a third party email client.

Unfortunately, you'll have to continue deleting emails.  However, a third party email client can download all unread emails and then delete them from webmail and the server using IMAP. 

You also might consider using Google Workspace which offers a low cost custom email domain and a ton of extras.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here