user1724's profile

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

Saturday, October 19th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Two Camera Setting Questions

1) I received a pop-up in the app about sound is now available with the cameras.  It said I could configure this anytime in camera settings.  But I cannot find it in my app or the web portal.  Anyone figure this one out?

2) What I really need is a way to turn off the infrared on some of the cameras.  I have some looking out through windows, and when the infrared goes on all I get is a reflection.  Surely there is a setting to turn off the infrared.  Every IP cam on the maket has that.  Anyone know how?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

5 years ago

Here is a link to an article that describes how to find the setting in the Xfinity Home App:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/turn-on-camera-audio

If you don’t see the setting, try updating the app, or uninstalling and reinstalling it.

At this time, Night Vision cannot be disabled. Sometimes relocating or angling the camera differently can help.

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

5 years ago

1)  I have found the sound settings problem.  The iOS app must be held in portriat mode.  In landscape mode (the normal way you would want to look at a camera) the settings "dots" are not there.  Minor bug I am sure can be fixed in the next release.

2) It does not matter how you angle a camera.  IR lighting does not work behind glass.  This is a very basic request, I would think.  Hopefully you can add it to the list for the next update.

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, but that is not the question. The question is the availability of the settings to turn sound on or off.

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

5 years ago

I don't want to be rude . . . but please read the thread before posting, twice now.  I will post it again for you . . . 

" I have found the sound settings problem.  The iOS app must be held in portriat mode.  In landscape mode (the normal way you would want to look at a camera) the settings "dots" are not there.  Minor bug I am sure can be fixed in the next release."

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

5 years ago

I think user1724's point is that the option to find Camera settings was harder to find, given that they were holding their phone in Landscape mode when viewing cameras.

I'll provide feedback to the app developers!

Contributor

• 

476 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastBecker wrote:

I think user1724's point is that the option to find Camera settings was harder to find, given that they were holding their phone in Landscape mode when viewing cameras.

I'll provide feedback to the app developers!

I have a similar issue using my iPad with the Xfinity home app. The back arrows as well as other settings don't appear unless I'm holding my iPad in portrait mode. Mostly my iPad is in landscape mode to use the virtual keyboard or a Bluetooth keyboard. 

Contributor

• 

150 Messages

5 years ago

@lkpolovchik wrote:

I have a similar issue using my iPad with the Xfinity home app. The back arrows as well as other settings don't appear unless I'm holding my iPad in portrait mode. Mostly my iPad is in landscape mode to use the virtual keyboard or a Bluetooth keyboard. 

The back arrow is there.  You have to tap the screen, and the arrow appears, it is hard to see, it is light white colored, but it is in the upper left corner.  A terrible design, but it is there.

Contributor

• 

476 Messages

5 years ago

Wow! Thank you for spotting that. I don't think that arrow showed up much before. My only other request as a whole would be some kind of a video doorbell that works with Xfinity home. Sorry to go off topic. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here