CEEFBEE's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 13th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Li-polymer 4v battery in home touchscreen

The Li-polymer 4v battery  in my home security touchscreen needs to be replaced NOW!  I cannot find a replacement anywhere online.  How do I  get a replacement?  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

496 Messages

4 years ago

Hi CEEFBEE -

If you know your battery is bad, only an Xfinity Home technician can replace it.  Please give us a call and we can schedule an appointment for a technician to come by to install the battery and make sure everything looks good afterward.

Note - some people feel they need a new battery because the Touchscreen's display goes dark during a power loss.  This is normal, and is done to conserve battery power.  Tapping on the Touchscreen will temporarily cause it to light back up during a power loss. 

Also, cameras will not function during a power loss, as they require electricity to work.  Life-safety features such as Motion Dectection and Door & Window sensors will still work, and any alarms will still be transmissed to the Central Monitoring station via Cellular Backup, assuming your Internet Connection is down as well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here