Silver_Surfer's profile

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

Tuesday, February 9th, 2021 3:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Home Portal Demise

Not happy.

I use the Xfinity Home Portal on the desktop computer to monitor my vacant house.

Having the big screen is very nice.  Don't have a smart phone.

What am I supposed to do when the Home Portal goes away next month?

Not happy.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

3 years ago

OK, if you'd like to continue to use the portal I am sure your access won't be removed we're just putting more functionality in the app itself but as a back up you will still have the option to manage your home security services online. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAmir

When I go to https://home.xfinity.com/ and select the Xfinity Home icon. There is only a website that states to download Xfinity Home on IOS or Android. Exactly how can we continue to manage our home security services online from our desktop PC??? This member's question is clear: "desktop computer" (PC) "don't have a smart phone". 

Please provide step by step instructions because I too want/ need to check my security cameras on my laptop/ desktop. (no tablets, phones, phablets, no android no IOS. WINDOWS 10 only)

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello there @Antinee. I do apologize but as of March 11th, the Xfinity Home security web portal has been retired. To have full access to manage and view your Home security options or camera you can use the Xfinity Home app. That is why you are seeing that link to download the app.  Here is a great link to help with how to use and what you can do on the app. [Xfinity home](https://comca.st/3hr6VRi)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi Silver_Surfer, have you tried using our Xfinity Home app on your phone or any other portable device? 

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

3 years ago

Don't have a phone or other portable device.  Just my desktop PC.

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

3 years ago

If I still have access to the portal I will be a happy customer.  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

You are very welcome! If you still have questions or concerns we are here to assist you. I hope you have a great rest of your day and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here