Community Forum

Texas service outage credit

guarnacciamd
New Poster

Texas service outage credit

Hi was only able to apply for one credit but my internet was out for two days.

ComcastJosephW
Official Employee

Re: Texas service outage credit

Hello and Happy Thursday! I hope you’re having a great week so far! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs!

Going forward, I'm truly sorry to hear about the service interruption that took place in your state and I really hope everything is starting to smooth out a bit for you now. We can also help with your additional crediting needs for the extra day of downtime.

To get the ball rolling on this process, please send us a private message by clicking my name "ComcastJosephW" then select "Send a Message" on the right side with your name and service address to get started. Thanks again for both your time and patience!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Mochi0613
New Poster

This is helpful. Thank you!
jlussy4128
Regular Visitor

Hello @ComcastJosephW ,

If we are to all request a personal reply, I need to make my request here as "send message" is not available. 56 hours without power/services.

Thank you!

lsgreen01273
New Poster

My service was out for two days.
erhotard
New Poster

There is no "send message button" available how do we request credit for loss of services?

Jpwhipple
New Poster

I had partially filled out an online form to receive a credit for the outage, then the page reloaded & the form was just...gone. There isn’t a “send message” option that I can see anywhere. What should I do?
erhotard
New Poster

I found the "send message button" Once you click on the comcast employees name at the top, their name is a link. Once on that page there is a blue and white button to the far right that says "send message"

quangsvus
New Poster

I dont see the send message button on the employee's page

adamczaplicki
New Poster

I want to apply for a credit due to my service being interupted and out on 2/15/21.

ComcastBianca
Official Employee

Hi, @lsgreen01273! Thanks for reaching out to us about the service interruption you experienced. I'm happy to look into this further! To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastBianca" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
ComcastMarcos
Official Employee

Hello, @jlussy4128, I'm sorry you've been hit hard by the weather in your neck of the woods. Some of the news is scary from Texas, so I hope you and your family are ok. I can certainly help with your credit concerns, but we'll need to work in a private message to keep your information protected. Are you able to send me a message in the same way as mentioned previously? To send a private message, click my name "ComastMarcos", then click "send message".

lolsen
Regular Visitor

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't see any "send message" on any employees profile. No matter who's name I click. Please advise!

Again
Expert

@lolsen wrote:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't see any "send message" on any employees profile. No matter who's name I click. Please advise!

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

Please do NOT send any of the Official Employees private messages unless they request it. By doing so they are being flooded with PM's and are being bogged down in trying to answer all of them. This keeps them from doing their job effectively here in the forums and defeats the purpose of the forums.

Thanks

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
francisrios697
New Poster

Hello, 

We were without power for 3 days. How do I apply for the credit? 

Tuanga2003
New Poster

Cant find send private message after click on the name
akpirani83
New Poster

@ ComcastJosephW, I don't see the send messages option. I have multiple accounts with you guys that I lost service for during this storm. I need help getting the credits for them, please let me know how to proceed
Codyclarke23_
New Poster

Hey my lights was out from feb.15-feb.18 <EDIT: Removed personal information> can I please receive my $15 credits for the 4 days of no electric thanks

ComcastJosephB
Official Employee

@lolsen, thanks for letting us know. Feel free to try clicking on my handle to send a private message. You can also send one using these steps provided in the link. The "Private Messenger" section at the bottom is a good reference. https://comca.st/3do5wdf

ComcastJosephB
Official Employee

@akpirani83, thanks for letting us know. Feel free to try clicking on my handle once more to send a private message. You can also send one this way. Use the steps listed in this link. The "Private Messenger" section at the bottom is a good reference. https://comca.st/3aywIUD

ComcastValerie
Official Employee

Hello, @francisrios697, thank you for reaching out to us. I hope you and your loved ones are doing well and staying safe! I know how important having a reliable connection is and I'm sorry to hear your services have been impacted for so long. Please rest assured, you have reached the right place. 

Please send us a private message with your full name and complete service address to get started. To send a private message, simply click on my name "ComcastValerie" in the top left corner of this message and select "Send a Message".

ComcastValerie
Official Employee

Hey, @Tuanga2003, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting a private message sent to us. If don't mind attempting to click on my name "ComcastValerie" at the top left corner of this direct reply and checking if the "Send a Message" option is available. Please let us know if you continue to experience any trouble. 

ComcastBianca
Official Employee

Hi, @Codyclarke23_! I edited your public post to remove personal information. Please send us a private message so we can further assist with the credit. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastBianca" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

angelina15
New Poster

Hello. I would like to apply for an outage credit as well for Monday, 2/15.
ComcastBillie
Official Employee

Hi @angelina15  I can definitely help you with the request for an adjustment. I hope you stayed safe during the storm! Please click on my handle "ComcastBillie" and send us a private message with your full name and address to get started.

feulmob
Regular Visitor

@ComcastBillie Hi Billie, I can't seem to find a better way to report my outage from the 15th to the 16 either. 

Ltjk
New Poster

How do you send a private message? I clicked on your name but didn’t see “send a message” anywhere.
Lawylin
New Poster

How do I get a outage credit. My service was out from the 15th to 17th?

TJFKAS
Regular Visitor

Hi,

We are having the same issue as everyone else. Credit for one day, power out for three. Also cannot send private messages. Nothing comes up besides a user profile when the employee name is clicked.

Thanks,

Kim

deya-1
New Poster

Hi we lost service from Monday 2/15 to Thursday 2/18 and only got a credit for 1 day. I would like to recieve a credit for the other 3 days

nsablatura
New Poster

I don't see..send a message

TJFKAS
Regular Visitor

Anyone looking for the messaging feature: it shows up after you make your first post to the forums.

Ltran5912
New Poster

I would like to request a credit for the loss of service due to power outages on 2/15, 2/16 and 2/17, 2021. What do I need to do to begin the process?
Thank you!
Ddsmyers
New Poster

I need to request a credit for 4 days of no service
ComcastPeter
Official Employee

Hi @feulmob! It looks like once you've made your first post, you then have the option to send a private message. Can you do me a favor and click on my name and see if the "send a message" button is now showing?

txs89378
New Poster

Hello - I would like to apply for credit but the form is gone

Griemelc
Regular Visitor

Good afternoon @ComcastJosephW I am currently trying to apply for the credit for the outage that occurred. How do I do this? Thank you in advance!
tiffanyh91
New Poster

How do we go about requesting for credit for the days we had no power due to the storm? Thanks

Ladjohnson
New Poster

My cable/internet/phone was down from Monday Feb 15, 2021 until Wednesday Feb 17, 2021. My service address is <Edit: Removed Personal Information>.

Best regards,
<Edit: Removed Personal Information>

ComcastShayne
Official Employee

Hello Lawylin, thanks for stopping by our Xfinity Forums. For you or anyone else that is stopping by our Forums page to get account specific assistance, please send us private message at your convenience.

To send me a private message, click on "ComcastShayne," and then click send a message on the right hand side. When you do, be sure to include your first and last name and the service address.

nguyenpd
New Poster

@ComcastJosephW Hi, I also need to request credit for service outage. Thank you.

Patrick Nguyen

ComcastRayana
Official Employee

Hello, @deya-1. I have your message and would be glad to look into the credit to ensure it is correct. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastRayana” and click “Send a message."

ComcastRayana
Official Employee

Hello, @nsablatura! I am glad to hear your power is restored! I see that you have already sent me a PM and I will follow up with you there. In the meantime, I would like to remind you that sending unsolicited private messages to anyone here on the forums is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. Please be sure to review those guidelines and keep them in mind for the future.

ComcastAbbie
Official Employee

Hello @Ddsmyers. I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe during these storms. I can help look into this request for you.

Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”

Sambony
New Poster

I'd like to try to get this credit too

ComcastJamesH
Official Employee

Greetings, @tiffanyh91! I can definitely help with this request. If you could send me a private message with your full name, and the name listed on the account (if different), I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on my name (ComcastJamesH) and select “Send a message”.

dkbro
Regular Visitor

We were also without service for 3 days, Mon-Wed. Thank you for your help.

JR77504
New Poster

Hello,

I need to request a credit for 2 days of no service

ComcastMacey
Official Employee

Good morning, Ladjohnson, and thank you for reaching out through our Communities Forum page with your service and credit concerns recently! I'm sorry to see that you experienced a loss of service recently due to the winter storm in your area. Living in the Pacific Northwest, we have been lucky so far this year to have had extreme weather, but no interruptions to our services! That said, we have about a month left, so fingers crossed!

To see if your account is eligible for a credit, please send me a private message. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastMacey” and click “Send a message”.

For your privacy, your private information has been edited on our public forum.

ComcastAbbie
Official Employee

Hello @JR77504 I am sorry to hear you were impacted by this winter weather. I hope you and your family are doing well!

If you are eligible for a credit. You can receive a one-time credit when reporting your service interruption through the Xfinity Status Center on the My Account app. You just need to be logged in with your Xfinity username,

Please note that if the interruption was due to your power being out, you wouldn't be eligible for a credit. 

Let me know if you have questions!