catwirk's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Monday, October 5th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Incomplete installation -- cable lying on the ground for 90 days.

First tech ran cable under fence without looking at order for aerial drop, said he would resubmit order.

Second tech came to bury cable, said he would resubmit order for aerial drop. No such order submitted.

Was assigned multiple tickets after this (at least 5). All were no shows, no confirmation email, no phone call or text.

Third tech showed up at 9:45 pm, well past expiration of appointment window. Said he could not complete work in the dark and would come back the following day. No return visit, no reschedule, no contact from Comcast.

Account support says my work has been completed.

I have tried Comcast Facebook and ComcastCares on Twitter to help and they have tried but have gotten nowhere.

Over the weekend I was given three different ticket numbers for the same appointment. I verified my email address with them but got no notification.

Xfinity Chat told me this morning that emails were going to my comcast.net box, which was not even activated. When I activated it, there were no emails at that address.

I'm looking at AT&T Fiber now to see if it's worth pursuing. I don't know what else to try with Comcast.  The attached photos show the cable propped up on yard tools so I don't trip over it.

2 Attachments

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hi @catwirk

We appreciate you for using the Xfinity Forum to get assistance with your line burial. Sorry for the experience you've had thus far. I'd like to chat with you in a private message so I can contact your local techs to get this resolved for you. Please send me a private message including your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

This is not about a burial. This is for an aerial drop.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

My apologies @catwirk, I did see that and made a mistake. I have since replied to your private message and would be more than happy to help. Let me know how you'd like to proceed. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

(this has been deleted)

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Just an update: I've spoken with five different Comcast agents in the last 24 hours, not counting @ComcastChe. They all tell me the same thing, they will issue a new ticket and my problem will be solved. I actually had someone from Comcast reach out to me because of an online survey I submitted. Same thing; new ticket, technician will call.

Memphis just marks the tickets as completed and deletes them from my account. No matter what I say, this is the same process I've been going through over and over since July 8.

They're stuck between a rock and a hard place now. The aerial drop was begun and at least three technicians have told me it's possible to do it. But apparently Comcast just doesn't want to bother with it. I'm tired of talking to people. I'm in an endless loop, the same thing over and over, and you know what Einstein said about that.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Similar issue here as well. Been over 30 days since I first started trying to get help. Very dangerous, especially for children.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Hey, @Wwarrick , I'm really sorry. I'm fortunate in that I don't have children or pets or it would be an absolute nightmare. I would just have to make the back yard off limits. I hope you get resolution soon.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here