turbodea's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 4th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Connect my service from replaced utility pole

The electrical utility company installed a new pole in front of my home because the existing pole was found leaning too close to my house. They awitched their power cables to the new pole and provided underground service and a new meter. They also provided orange cable that is coiled at the new pole and runs underground and is coiled at a meter apron on my house. They topped the old pole and said that they will advise Comcast and Verizon to switch their street lines so that the leaning pole can finally be removed. That was in early May 2020. I advised Comcast about it and requested that my service be re-connected. Techs have been here twice, both times in service vans that do not have the tools to switch street lines from old pole to new pole. the techs call the issue in but I find no pending service orders on my account. How do I finally "Move the Comcast Elephant"??

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Rob,

I was served by ComcastMichael more than a month ago. He wrote the ticket that moved my service connection , and 2 others , from the old pole that had leaned over too far and connected us to the new pole. Everything is connected and working for me. I don't need any further assistance at this time.

I don't know who motibyte is, or how he/she messaged me via the forum, but he/she should not be on my message thread. I suspect tha it is a phisherperson , from the way that the message read

Sincerely,

Dennis

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s been escalated to an Official Employee to help you get the proper personnel out

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks CC, I'll report the result of my post and your forwarding. the resolution time clock is counting from 15:00hrs EDT 4 September 2020.

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

4 years ago

Greetings, @turbodea! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear that your service is not connected anymore due to needing to have it moved. I would like to make sure this gets resolved. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Hi ComcastMichael,

I have the same issue, old pole, new pole, all other utilities transferred to new pole except for Comcast, and it's been over 2 years since they installed the new pole. Can you help ? I tried finding the "Send Message" after I click your username on the forum to send you a PM but couldn't find it.

Thanks !

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Strange, I addressed the post to ComcastMichael who's profile reads:

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!

Guess that's wrong and I'll have to find another Avenue or resource to resolve my issue.

Thanks for the ZERO help and warning, some expert.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@motibyte wrote:

Hi ComcastMichael,

I have the same issue, old pole, new pole, all other utilities transferred to new pole except for Comcast, and it's been over 2 years since they installed the new pole. Can you help ? I tried finding the "Send Message" after I click your username on the forum to send you a PM but couldn't find it.

Thanks !

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

Please do NOT send any of the Official Employees private messages unless they request it. By doing so they are being flooded with PM's and are being bogged down in trying to answer all of them. This keeps them from doing their job effectively here in the forums and defeats the purpose of the forums.

Thanks

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@motibyte wrote:
Strange, I addressed the post to ComcastMichael who's profile reads:

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!

Guess that's wrong and I'll have to find another Avenue or resource to resolve my issue.

Thanks for the ZERO help and warning, some expert.

You were trying to private message ComcastMichael, which is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy, which is why I gave you the links to those.

Any of our OE's are able to help you.  You post has gone into a queue and will be answered in the order in which it was received.

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

My sincere apologies for the confusion, @motibye. We truly want to help and do all that we can to provide a solution to the service concern. If you change your mind, please feel free to send me a private message with your first/last name and full address by clicking on my handle “Comcast_Gabe” so I can help.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Why on Gods green earth would anyone pretend they had an issue with their utility pole ?

These are PUBLIC forums and as such they can be posted to publicly. I did NOT message you directly and as such did not violate any forum rules regarding posting.

Thanks, and have a great day !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here