vindem's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, October 31st, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

12+ hour outage in 30041...what is up?

Anyone know what is going on in 30041, Cumming GA? Internet has been out for 12 hours now. No estimate on the status page. No estimate from txting the bot. Tried to call customer service and it won't let me talk to someone and gives a broken message (sounds garbled) and then hangs up. How is this even possible? What exactly is our monthly payment being used for? You guys can't give any sort of info on what is going on?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Is there really no information on this sort of thing? I mean...how is it remotely possible you guys can't put something up somewhere that indicates what is going on. The only message I can see anywhere says, "You might be experiencing a service interruption." Really? No joke...your team can't tell customers what is going on? The Internet is so critical for every activity that we do now. My child is doing remote school currently and can't connect. I am supposed to be working and can't connect. At least hire one person to write a real message that says more about what we should expect and what is going on. It's 14 hours now...

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Over 24 hours now with no Internet and no information on what the issue is. Seriously...can you guys get it together and give us an update.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

The internet service has been down in Hiram (30141) since Thursday morning. Supposedly affecting up to 2,500 customers per the outage map. I’ve also gotten no updates and no answers. Outrageous!

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

That is a much longer outage than ours. As far as I can tell, ours went out Saturday morning around 4 or 5 am. Our outage map also says it is affecting 2500 customers so that is odd. When I call customer service, I get a message that says something like "Outage 1, 2...[static]...17...[static]...[some words I cant understand]...[my street number]...[static] and then it hangs up. I know the storm caused this outage and understand there is a lot of work to do to fix things but I really just wish we could get an estimate on how much longer. My kids are doing remote online learning and I need a plan for Monday.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Just a note, Comcast sent an email earlier and gave me a credit for the service outage. If you are without service, make sure they give you one as well. Call through billing dept. If you have to and ask for the credit.

I finally spoke with tech support on the phone and they also said they did not have any eta or info on what is causing the issue. They also indicated it could be days before our service is restored...
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here