Community Forum

Why cant I get FXM?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why cant I get FXM?

FXM keeps going down here in Maryland. Tells you "will be availble shortly." Seems like a lot of channels are have these intermittant problems with Comcast. FXM, ESPN, MSNBC, others? What do you lose because Comcast cant handle it? Do we get a discount?  

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Why cant I get FXM?

Channels come in on different frequencies. Something is impeding The frequencies of those channels, maybe others you don’t watch or get. Things to try on your own, check your cables are tight and in good repair, remove any unnecessary splitters and possibly have a tech out to troubleshoot further. Box resets aren’t the answer

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I tried all the plug in and out and refresh stuff. I appreciate the idea of having a techie vist to address the issue. The godawful online support failed to tell me that. Do I have to pay extra for that? How long do I wait? Reading this board suggests many customers are having probs with dropped and missing channels. Do we get a discount? A free month? 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

There’s a service charge if the problem is in the wiring of your house. Call when you can, they don’t know you’re having troubles until you tell them. Can’t speak to getting a discount, it’s always possible. A free month, dream on...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!