Community Forum

Why are my Fox stations the only ones that consistently break up or go to static displays?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why are my Fox stations the only ones that consistently break up or go to static displays?

We frequently experience video breakup/pixilation/freeze-up and audio interruption of the local and national Fox networks.  The problem does not occur on other networks/channels.   Why is only one network or channel susceptible to  interference when all others are strong and uninterrupted?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Why are my Fox stations the only ones that consistently break up or go to static displays?

Channels come in different frequencies. Fox is on a lower frequency, susceptible to interference, low signal levels etc. Check that your cable is tight and in good repair, remove any unnecessary splitters and possibly have a tech out to troubleshoot further

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why are my Fox stations the only ones that consistently break up or go to static displays?

Channels are bundled together, typically 10-12 HD channels will share one frequency due to Comcast's over-compression. It just may be that those channels are all on the same frequency that is suffering from noise, low signal level, or other interference.