Community Forum

Taking away channels

Contributor

Taking away channels

First Comcast took away Cinemax when I was in the middle of a series.  Now I find that they took TCM when there were movies I was looking forward to.   I already pay for HBO and Showtime and won't add anymore premiums.  I have been with Comcast for over 10 years.  Now I'm thinking of spending my entertainment dollars elsawhere.  I pay over $200 a month and keep getting disappointed.   Time to shop around or just cut the cable altogether.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Taking away channels

they just getting started.

comedy central now removed from all packages and requires an extra subscrioption to get back 

https://imgur.com/a/JIj0iWV

Contributor

@angrycustomer24 wrote:

they just getting started.

comedy central now removed from all packages and requires an extra subscrioption to get back 

https://imgur.com/a/JIj0iWV

Wow. This is getting out of hand. Was there notice about this included in recent statements? I just noticed that FuseTV (channel 793) is still listed in my TiVo's channel guide, but when I turn to the channel it says "unavailable" and I no longer see it listed in the channel lineup on the website. 

New Poster

a few months ago on a phone conversation I requested a different lineup and it had to include tcm    well.. I was quite satisfied up until tcm dissappeared.  I think this is illegal  it is a breach of an agreement between me and comcast. If tcm does'nt get put back on I am returning all the equipment and refuse to do busines with this outfit. 

Frequent Visitor

I made several calls to customer service regarding the loss of channels with no adjustments to my bill. I posted here also and this is Comcast reply

You are free to cancel your service[s] at any time, but if you are in a contract you will still pay the early termination fee.

Contributor

I don't know if any of this is technically illegal, since the Comcast contracts are so one-sided.  However, what they are doing could certainly be characterized as abuse of the terms.  That is, at the very least, unethical.

I think, when most people agreed to that contract, they knew a change in the channel line up was a possibility.  I don't believe they really expected Comcast to go "hog wild" removing many of the most popular/premium channels and adding fees, while leaving what most viewers regard as "the cheap stuff"  nobody watches in a hollowed-out version of the package they requested.

If CC can afford to be so blase' about whether I'm a satisfied customer and say I'm free to cancel my service, I will happily accomodate them so they won't have to worry about me anymore.  I am not that flippant when it comes to my money, I need it more than they do.  They must have some secret plan to recover after all of their current customers have left -- they better.