Community Forum

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Regular Visitor

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages...

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Starz leaving Premiere packages?

I don’t believe there’s anything happening with Starz. Your article link isn’t about Starz but TCM’s move to a different tier

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@CCAndrew wrote:
I don’t believe there’s anything happening with Starz. Your article link isn’t about Starz but TCM’s move to a different tier

From the article, 2 paragraph down:

"Starz will also be moving out of the Xfinity Premier packages and will now cost an additional $12 a month. This is very similar to what happened to Cinemax earlier this year as it was also removed from the Premiere package."

Diamond Problem Solver

Sorry, totally missed that. Keep an eye on your statements for notifications

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Like I said these insane channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord, so I hope not.

Regular Contributor

You got to be kidding!   What's next- HBO and Showtime?

New Poster

Channels Once Again Taken Off Lineup, Not Good

With the impending dropping of Starz channels from packages this December so I've heard, does this mean that the monthly bill will be reduced? It should be because if channels keep getting dropped left and right from packages it only make sense that the bill itself should come down and not keep going up. But I have sneaky suspicion it's not and the price will go up. Then I know what I have to do, snip snip. Why would I pay more for less channels?

Frequent Visitor

From the last page of my October statement:

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, Comcast will no longer carry Encore Suspense and Encore Family. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/EncoreChanges.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, we're adding Epix to the following packages and Starz will no longer be available: Super Triple Play, Super Double Play, Signature Triple Play, Signature Double Play, and the Digital Premier Tier. With Epix and its associated content you'll get unlimited access to hit films, critically acclaimed original series, documentaries and more, uncut and commercial-free. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/ EpixChanges.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, Comcast will no longer carry Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy and Starz Kids & Family. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/StarzChanges.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 20, 2019, AnyRoom DVR Service will no longer be available for new subscriptions. If you currently have AnyRoom DVR Service, you will continue to receive this service until you make a change or you receive further notice.”

This is the last straw for me...

New Poster

Starz

I heard that Xfinity is dropping Starz anyone know if it is true?

Gold Problem Solver
Frequent Visitor

TMC and STARZ

Please bring back TMC and keep STARZ.  Also bring back Cinemax as Hitz is usuless.  Keep all channels outline in the contract.  Renew your contract with STARZ and stop unsetting people.  

New Poster

Re: TMC and STARZ

I totally agree.  Encore is my primary channell that I watch.  Been with comcast for over 30 years will be most likly moving on.  No sense keeping it if they do away with the channells I watch most.  

New Poster

Starz Ending in Premier Package - Infuriating!!

I signed up for Premier Package 10 months ago as our family loves Starz, Showtime and HBO.  The fact that Comcast can remove so many channels by canceling them from the Premier Package, from a line-up that was sold to me as solid for 2 years, just infuriates me.  To me the package is no longer "premier".  I'm going to start to look for ways to trim the services I buy from Comcast and hopefully I can cut the cable cord when my contract is up in a year!!  I used to constant.y let me friends and family know how happy we were with our service.  No longer.  Way to go on the public relations!!  I hope saving a few bucks while upsetting your clients pays off for you.

Regular Visitor

I never thought we'd be "cord cutters," but this is the LAST STRAW.   <Edited>   When our <Edited> so-called contract expires, it's good-bye Comcast after 25 years of being a good customer.  

Regular Visitor

Re: Starz Ending in Premier Package - Infuriating!!

That's OK; remove my post.   I'll be "removing" comcast in a few months. 

New Poster

Starz, now I have to pay extra?

I think it’s ridiculous that you guys are now removing Starz from your premium package, what you don’t realize is that if you keep removing the good channel’s from your packages we will end up with 700 channels that no one watches and then eventually they will drop Comcast all together a streaming service...soon it will be cheaper to by hbo, showtime, starz and Cinemax from them and stream them instead of your package...which by the way is not like you are discounting the cost of the package plan as you remove stuff from it....careful guys you are making it harder for us to defend still being a customer....oh yeah, epix is not equal to starz.

12 year customer here and 3 years at my previous home...15 years.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Starz Ending in Premier Package - Infuriating!!

Uou betcha‼️ I’m dumping them in 3 1/2 months. First TCM now Starz. Epix is what - 2 channels? Starz is 11. How is that a good swap?
Valued Contributor

There was a good discussion going on about this in a post called "Removal of more channels" and Comcast deleted it.  Guess we are not allowed to discuss negative changes to our service here. 

Tek
Frequent Visitor

It IS happening. I got an email from xfinity.
Frequent Visitor

Yes I got an email from xfinity advising starz will be yanked & replaced by epix. So losing 11 channels & replacing with 2. Uh do the math.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Fewer choices - losing Starz for Epix

Just got the notice that Epix will replace Starz. And last month they dropped TCM. And a few months back, they removed On Demand for TiVo users. And last year, they dropped the radio channels. 
We get fewer and fewer services, with the same or higher prices. 
Yes, they increased internet speed, but it's inconsistent - mostly 100Mbps, except when it drops to 50. 
So disappointing. I already switched to Amazon Prime for HBO, am looking at Disney+ and Apple+.

It's like they don't really want to keep my business. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Fewer choices - losing Starz for Epix

Losing Starz is such nonsense. That’s a breech of my 2 year contract cause that’s one of the channels I wanted, not more on demand stuff force fed to us. Tired of Comcast making changes to cut out programming yet still charging you the same amount, <Edited>

New Poster

Replacing STARZ with EPIX????

Why is Xfinity doing this? We don't want EPIX, we want to keep STARZ!!!!

Regular Visitor

I never got this email, even though I am signed up for email and text alerts.  Can someone who did please share?

New Poster

Re: Replacing STARZ with EPIX????

It was bad enough that they got rid of Cinemax, but replacing Starz with EPIX is awful! There is only one reason - cost. I think we pay enough for premium service. This is ridiculous. I am seriolusly looking at options. It is also interesting that there is no obvious way to leave feedback directly to Comcast. 

If anyone from Comcast monitors this page, please respond to why you are making this change, and please don't insult us with the quality programming you are adding with EPIX. That may be fine for marketing, but I think we all know that is just cynical hogwash.

Also, please respond to how we can leave comments that will actually be seen by someone in Comcast who is in a position of authority.

New Poster

Starz

I protest the loss of Starz. Maybe it's time to cut the cable.

Contributor

I did not see this on my current bill. 

Contributor

There was nothing on our October statement about the removal of Starz from our "Premium Double Play" package.  But I did get an email on Nov. 1 of the changes to be made on Dec 10th.  That means - no more Starz - but with the addition of Epix (which Comcast charges 5.99 as an add-on vs. Starz which would be a $12.00 add-on if it hadn't been part of the package.  So will COMCAST reduce our bill by $6.00? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEEEE!).  We like Starz for it's original TV programming content - such as "Outlander", etc.  (But to be honest, the Starz movie content is sub-par to HBO/Cinemax, etc.) We subscribe to Amazon Prime Video of which Epix is pretty much a mirror image of - lot of the same movies at the same time  - but Epix has far fewer choices.  So we gain absolutely nothing with Epix.  (We watch everything On-Demand so the number of "channels" is irrelevant to us regardless of which Premium services we have).  AND we gained absolutely nothing with Hitz replacing Cinemax.  And the removal of Turner Classic Movies into the Sports Entertainment Package would seem to be COMCAST's way of trying to desperately drum up new revenue - a way of extorting money for a channel that is not normally treated as a Premium channel.  This new business model for COMCAST  is to reduce services, raise prices and send the remaining subscribers scrambling for an alternative as they are obviously determined to put themselves out of business.  We're happy with the internet service - so maybe it's time for COMCAST to disolve the TV side of the business and just concentrate on internet service.

Regular Visitor

Edit: never mind, this pertains to the legacy DVRs, not the X1 platform.

I find that part about the Anyroom DVR service no longer being available extremely upsetting.  As if these insane channel changes are not bad enough.  I'm thinking once my contract is done, I'm out.  Not putting up with this longer than I have to.

Regular Visitor

Re: Starz

I'm hearing the same and it really angers me. First, I lose ID, and now Starz! What the heck is going on?

New Poster

Re: Not able to watch the Starz show Power On Demand

I can’t watch starz it’s only allowing me to watch the first episode of power I don’t understand
Silver Problem Solver

Starz/Encore being replaced by Epix/ScreenPix

People are apparently getting email from Comcast like this:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32562875-

"Changes coming to your
Xfinity TV services

We're always working to evaluate our channel lineup and provide our customers with great service at the best value possible. As a result of this work, we're making a few changes to our channel lineup. We wanted to make sure to keep you informed about what's coming.

We're adding EPIX and removing Starz from select packages

We're excited to announce that as of December 10, 2019, you'll be receiving EPIX as part of your package. With EPIX, you'll get unlimited access to hit movies, critically acclaimed original series, documentaries and more, uncut and commercial-free. EPIX will replace Starz and its associated channels in our TV packages.

EPIX will provide you with programing like Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Oscar-winner Forest Whitaker, and NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen. Beginning December 12, three additional EPIX channels—EPIX 2, EPIX Hits, and EPIX Drive-In—will become available.

Learn more about everything EPIX has to offer.

We're adding ScreenPix to Digital Preferred and removing select StarzEncore channels

Beginning December 12, 2019, you'll be receiving ScreenPix as part of your Digital Preferred package. ScreenPix is a new suite of channels offering a curated collection of classic movies, uncut and commercial-free. This includes ScreenPix Action, ScreenPix Westerns, and ScreenPix Voices, which will feature films with bold perspectives by filmmakers defined by unique visions.

Please note that on December 10, 2019, we'll be reducing the number of StarzEncore channels. StarzEncore Classic, StarzEncore Suspense, StarzEncore Family, StarzEncore Español, IndiePlex, and RetroPlex will be removed from channel lineups.

We will continue to offer StarzEncore, StarzEncore Action, StarzEncore Black, StarzEncore Westerns and associated StarzEncore On Demand content. While our current agreement ends on December 31, we're working hard to reach a deal with StarzEncore to preserve the right to offer you that programming beyond December 31, 2019.

Learn more about ScreenPix and these changes.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer."

New Poster

I'm with you!  I've been with Comcast for over 35 years and in the last couple of months they have eliminated TCM and now all STARZ channels from the premium pkgs.  This is outrageous!   Comcast is on the way out.

New Poster

Starz

Is comcast really dropping starz? If so why? Comcast will be losing a lot of customers if they do. I will be one of them.

New Poster

Re: Is Starz being dropped from comcast?

I hoped not!!!!! Comcast will be losing a lot of customers. They have already dropped other networks. Our bills have not decreased though.

Regular Contributor

Comcast is now removing Starz after Dec. 10

After removing Cinemax in July? The replacement channels of Hitz(which will not work on Tivo sets because it's on demand) and Epix are woefully inadequate and priced too high in the Digital Premier channels. No reduction in pricing for those substitutions is an absolute joke.  If Comcast goes thru with the deletion of Starz, I will definitely be cutting way back on the movie channels.  It's too easy these days to cut Comcast out of the loop and get these channels on Apple TV, Roku or other alternate sources.

New Poster

Dropping STARZ

Keep STARZ and POWER

Most Valued Poster

Re: Dropping STARZ

And OUTLANDER!

Most Valued Poster

Re: TMC and STARZ

I'd rahter just pay Comcast for the few channels I do watch, than the dozens of Kids, Sports, and Spanish channels I don't watch.

New Poster

KEEP STARZ

I dislike the fact that you are canceling Starz and Starz? on December 10, 2019. We enjoy the programing on Starz.

If you end STARZ please, no, I demand you return the fees I paid for it

AC

New Poster

Starz

I hope XFinity reconsiders taking away Starz, I will surely not keep XFinity.

New Poster

NO STARZ

No STARZ??? I have been a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber for 25 years--and have subscribed to STARZ/Encore the majority of those years. Over the years, I have been tempted to switch to DirectTV --primariy because of NFL package. Without STARZ, it will be time for me to switch.

New Poster

Re: Starz/Encore being replaced by Epix/ScreenPix

Do not REMOVE Starz and Starz/Encore from the Cable package.  If you do, I will cancel my subscription and register with NETFLIX.

New Poster

Re: NO STARZ

I have been a Comcast subscriber for yrs and am not happy when I found out there will be no more STARZ !  I want to keep STARZ and keep POWER  there is only 5 more episodes and if this is taken off the channel lineup I will not find out the final outcome! 

There is a lot of other channels that can be removed without taking away STARZ as it is there is days when there is nothing good on tv, but I can always find something to watch on STARZ. 

I look forward to the days when POWER is on its a great show and better than some of these regular programming shows! 

Please don't take this channel away as regular programming on regular channels isn't good! 

It was given to us FREE with a Premium  pkg we pay way too much as it is for tv programs with nothing good on regular tv half of the time. 

It's like you keep removing the channels we love and keep the ones we don't care about and keep raising the rates.

New Poster

Starz

Has anyone seen that Comcast is discontinuing all Starz and Starz Encore channels effective Dec 10, 2019?  I will be leaving Comcast asap.

Regular Visitor

STArz channel

Good afternoon:

I am concern about seeing in my last billing that Staz is going to be canceled.  As a long time customer who pays her bills on time..we enjoy watching Power, Vida, Outlanders, american Gods, and many other shows that Staz has to offer.    Question is why are you canceling...2 Question..Will we be getting a refund or in this case a cedit for this channel on December 10th.   

Waiting for respond

Marilyn Canty

Yvette Torres

New Poster

Channels being removed

Ok so you took away Cinemax and now you taking Starz from us. Why are you removing starz.
New Poster

Removing STARZ

Here's the plan Xfinity, make the deal with Starz by December 31st  OR or pay for my Starz subscription with Amazon Prime!

I only wanted a package with Starz for Power and Outlander! Both return in 2020 and I HAVE to have Starz ! This is NOT an optional thing!! 

If my Xfinity package doesn't have STARZ, I don't need it!

Frequent Visitor

DO NOT CANCEL STARZ

DO NOT CANCEL STARZ. What in the WHAT??? Just because Power is ending, STARZ has a lot of awesome shows I'd miss. At the least, you will reduce our bill? You can't have it both ways. Cancel STARZ ...AND keep our money? Life doesn't work that way. Money for a service. If part of the service goes away, we get some of our money back. 

Administrator

All,

We pay programmers like networks, local TV station owners and others for the ability to bring their programming to you. We regularly review our programming and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of programming at the best value. We look at a variety of factors, including customer viewership and programming costs when making these decisions.

Given this, we decided to replace all Starz channels included in packages with EPIX. This will help us manage programming costs that are passed on to our customers while continuing to make this content available to those who want to watch it. On December 10, 2019, the following Starz channels and associated on demand content will be removed from packages:

• Starz
  • Starz Edge
  • Starz in Black
  • Starz Comedy
  • Starz Cinema
  • Starz Kids & Family

If you would like to continue to view Starz and Starz On Demand, you'll need to subscribe to Starz a la carte for $12 per month. Learn more about how to add Starz.

Frequently Asked Questions
What is EPIX?
EPIX is a premium network with several associated channels: EPIX 2, EPIX Hits, and EPIX Drive-In. With EPIX and its associated content, you’ll get unlimited access to hit films, critically-acclaimed original series, documentaries and more, uncut and commercial-free.

Are you dropping Starz?
While Starz is being removed from packages on December 10, if you want to continue to view Starz and Starz On Demand, you can subscribe to Starz a la carte for $12 per month. Our current agreement with Starz ends on December 31. We are working hard to reach a deal with Starz to preserve the right to offer Starz content to our customers beyond December 31. For more information, please see Starz a la Carte Channel Changes.

Can I still subscribe to Starz?
Yes. You can add Starz and Starz On Demand to your TV package. Learn how to subscribe to Starz.

Will I be charged for Starz if an agreement is not reached?
If we're unable to reach an agreement with Starz by December 31, we will no longer carry Starz content and you will not be charged.

What will happen to my scheduled DVR recordings?
On December 10, the Starz channels listed above will be removed from our channel lineup. Your DVR won’t record any new or future programming, and you won’t be able to watch the channel anymore. However, you can still watch anything you previously recorded from these channels.

For additional information on recent Starz changes please see our articles: Starz al a Carte Channel Changes & Adding ScreenPix to Digital Preferred and Removing Select StarzEncore Channels

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!