Community Forum

Starz encore

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Starz encore

Looks like we are losing Starz encore at the end of October. Per the small print in my latest bill. Where does it end?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Starz encore

@skintime wrote:

Looks like we are losing Starz encore at the end of October. Per the small print in my latest bill. Where does it end?

are they adding Hitz ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

In one room of my house I have one of the small digital boxes which i could watch the encore chanels.

What movies channels will be taking the place of the encore channels that can still be viewed with a non X1 box??

Will Hitz be available on these boxes?

Wont be much anything good left.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

When the Starz/Encore fight started, Comcast added Epix and Screenpix. If you have an older grandfathered Preferred, you got both of them. Other users may only get Screenpix.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

But are any these channels accessible on the small digital adapters? The encore channels are/were
Highlighted
Expert

the X1 set top boxes are now $5 and less-expensive than using a DTA. DTAs will not have the same channel lineup nor access to your recordings if that is desired.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Wow $5
I guess once everyone gets them they will put price up.
Thanks for info anyways.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Are you sure you got Encore on a DTA? I have one and it never got Encore or many of the Preferred channels.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes sir
They are still on there but 2 will not tune in anymore. I have 2 x1 boxes with digital preferred. I pay 9.95 for my 2nd x1 box. Hard to believe they would charge me $5 for a third box. Anytime I ever call or chat I get different answers from everyone.