Community Forum

Science channel 872 and Destination America 873 distorted

Highlighted
New Poster

Science channel 872 and Destination America 873 distorted

Science channel 872 and Destination America 873 are randomly distorted and unable to be viewed.  I have been on with tech support at least 5 times. They even sent me a new box to no avail.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Science channel 872 and Destination America 873 distorted

It’s hardly ever the box. Check the cables are tight and in good repair, remove any extra unnecessary splitters, and possibly have a tech out to troubleshoot further.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am so tired of hearing that same pat answer.  If I tighten the cable any more, I'll twist the connector off.  And a loose cable would not affect only 2 channels.  This problem lies much deeper.  As for getting a tech out, good luck.  They said when this virus thing is over.  That could be months.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

And a loose cable would not affect only 2 channels
_________
Sorry, you don’t like the “pa” answer. And absolutely a loose cable “could” affect just 2 channels (maybe others you don’t watch or get). The first 2 suggestion are just 2 things you can check on your own before having a tech out, you don’t have to do either and wait for a tech. In a pandemic, resources are stretched thin, so you’ll have a wait. Good luck with it

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!