Community Forum

Removing Useless Channels

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Removing Useless Channels

Why can't I remove useless channels (e.g. sports channels) that are never going to be watched?  They're treated as if they are a value-added product when in reality they are overpriced bloat-programming.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Removing Useless Channels

Set up a favorite channel list

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

That’s what I do. I get a couple hundred channels but I only have 37 channels saved in my favorites. Those are the only channels I watch and I never even see the other hundred or so channels I never watch.
Highlighted
New Poster

Yeah I tried that really cool Favorites tool where you select the channels you watch. Then I get a message that nothing like that is available in my area. BIG HELP THAT WAS. NOT!!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CCAndrew This doesn't address the problem at all.  I wasn't asking how to hide the bloat-programming.  I was asking how to remove it and not have to pay for a plethora of channels I neither want nor will EVER use.

Highlighted
Expert

@Xylene666 wrote:

CCAndrew This doesn't address the problem at all.  I wasn't asking how to hide the bloat-programming.  I was asking how to remove it and not have to pay for a plethora of channels I neither want nor will EVER use.

You can't arbitrarily remove channels you don't want and don't want to pay for.  Each plan has a broad spectrum of channels to appeal to a large group of people.  While there are channels you might not watch in that plan, other people might.  So, no, you can't remove or add channels à la carte.  Sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Why can't we simply block channels we don't want to see. That's a much smaller list than setting up favorites. I could do that on Uverse.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@Again While it is probably true that you can't actually remove useless channels, it is arguably false to say that the packages are designed to appeal to a broad audience.  The reality is that the few desired channels are smothered in a bunch of bloat to force the consumer to get more packages (and thus more bloat-programming) to get the few channels they actually want.  There is absolutely no reason the system couldn't be set up with only a la cart programming other than the fact that Comcast wants to force the consumers to pay for a bunch of useless channels so they can arbitrarily raise their rates without providing a value-added.  So it isn't a matter of can't but rather an issue of they won't allow it.

Highlighted
Contributor

I get that we will never (most likely) ever get to pick channels individually. I'd just like to remove, from the guide, the ones I'll never watch. That is doable. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why not? Most of my channels are foreign language and religious, surely most cable viewers are not tuning in for that stuff.