billtaylor33's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 30th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Re: Bad signal to MSNBC

2020 in two days problems with MSNBC for 2 years. Are all teck people incompetent. Who is to blame Comcast or MSNBC. Is it time to switch ips. My average Xfinity bill is 400 bucks. What's the reason.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Channels come in on different frequencies, something is impeding the frequency MSNBC is coming in on. Maybe others that you don’t watch or get. Check to make sure your cables are tight and in good repair, remove any extra splitters and possibly have a tech out to troubleshoot further. The size of your bill doesn’t affect whether channels come in or not.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Twice in the last month MSNBC hasn't come on even tho all the other cable channels are available. This only happens on our 2 large box receivers and NOT the little box for bedroom. And in the evening when Rachel Maddow show comes on. Seems fishy to me. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Channels come in on different frequencies, something is impeding the frequency MSNBC is coming in on. Maybe others that you don’t watch or get. Check to make sure your cables are tight and in good repair, remove any extra splitters and possibly have a tech out to troubleshoot further. The programs on MSNBC coming in. Why would it be fishy if Comcast owns MSNBC?

The smaller box (DTA) doesn’t need as good/clean signal for channels to come in, like the other boxes do

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My MSNBC is suddenly not coming in. And I have tried both restarting and system refresh and nothing. And my cables are fine. Help!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem. The only channel not coming in is MSNBC. I ran a signal check through the TiVo and it comes back at zero. All other channels are at 100% signal strength. Why couldn't it be a channel I don't watch. After troubleshooting with the tech on the phone I'm going to try and swap out the cable card. I'll let you know if that works. It seems odd that all the other channels work and MSNBC doesn't. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Everything comes in on different frequencies, something is affecting just that frequency and maybe others you don’t get, not odd at all. Good luck
Year old dead thread now closed
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here