Community Forum

Pixalization on some channels

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Pixalization on some channels

One TV in our house of 3 TVs has chronic pixalization.  We have done the troubleshooting, exchanged the DVR box, exhausted on the phone xfinity , changed cables, changed TVs , help!,

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Pixalization on some channels

Probably the interior cable or cable signal, do you have a lot of splitters? Or can you give a brief description of your wiring

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We have 4 tv's hooked up, we also have a " booster" that infinity installled when we moved here, 5 years ago. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

We have 4 tv's hooked up, we also have a " booster" that xfinity installled when we moved here, 5 years ago. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Since it’s only affecting one tv it’s going to be the cable, the cable connectors or possibly the wall plate. Make sure everything is tight

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Have you found a solution?  I posted this  same problem recently and have had no replies and am very frustrated.  

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@dennette24
Your post included a possible solution but you chose the electrician’s advice over the tech’s. If the recommendation was changing your interior cable, try it. It’s part of troubleshooting to eliminate one thing at a time

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No solution yet.   Very  frustrating   We have checked everycable hooked to the TV. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s not necessarily something you’ll see

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CCAndrew, I believe it's the cable coming out of the wall.  Is that an xfinity issue or ours?