MarkPeterson's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 8:00 PM

Closed

PAC12 Network HD GONE

I was enjoying the PAC 12 network in HD on channel 1329 for the past couple weeks. It was fantastic and a great surprise. Tonight, I tried to turn on the channel and it has disappeared. No indication from Comcast why it has disappeared,. Can anybody explain why the PAC 12 network HD is gone???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, 

I appreciate you all using the forums and posting here about the missing PAC 12 HD channel. Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working quickly to get this resolved. Pac 12 SD is not affected. Thanks for your patience. I'll post again here once a fix is in place. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Somewhat of a related question, but I went to watch channel 1329 (Pac12 HD) today and it is no longer there.  Only the SD channel 419.  Is there a reason why we no longer have Pac 12 HD in the midwest?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I live on the east coast but am a fan of both Pac 12 football and Basketball.  I was away on Friday and Saturday, arrived home Sunday and hoped to catch some Pac 12 football on replay via Pac 12 HD.  Much to my dissappointment I see Xfinity has decided to remove the Pac 12 HD from my package without any notice.  Talked to an Xfintiy rep last night he kept asking me to tune to channel that no longer exists  Noticing the Pac 12 network was in HD was the reason I added the sports and entertainment package again as I really do not care about REDZONE and NFL football.

Combine this with still no deal from the ACC network three weeks into the season I am really concerned over my ability to stay with Xfinity.  I am currently using a free trial with Sling tv which offers all the versions of the Pac 12 network AND ACC network.  I really may have to consider seriously downgrading my nearly $300 a month Xfinity package to obtain the content I want and that they wont provide.  Can someone please provide info of why the PAC 12 HD suddenly dissapeared and also the status of Xfinity and the ACC Network?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I knew something did not look quite right with those channels.  Not sure what IP channel is but definately looked different.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same exact issue/ question. It was great to see Pac 12 in HD for a change (in Chicago).

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, my Pac 12 HD (1329) also disappeared. Only the SD (419) available now. What the heck? (Chicago area.)

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

What is a pm to Comcast experts. I am having the same issue (Chicago area). I’m wondering who I can reach out to

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

5 years ago

@billmich88888 wrote:

@Ryanj112111 wrote:
What is a pm to Comcast experts. I am having the same issue (Chicago area). I’m wondering who I can reach out to

I reached out to a "Comcastbob" (name changed)  who helped me with a prior issue and I still had our correspondence in my email box here on this forum

The OE's generally don't respond to unrequested PM's.  Plus, there are a lot of OE's that no longer work here.

FWIW, an Official Employee is not an Expert.  An Expert is not an employee, either.  We are customer volunteers that help the OE's in the forums.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

What was their response!

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

5 years ago

I am in the designated marketing area of Detroit, Michigan.

Pac–12 Network, on ch. 1329, was also being carried in HD.

It is gone from here as well.

I don’t know the answer.

I do suspect, if it is for fact no longer being available in my area (plus some others), it may be attributed to Comcast making it available only in particular markets—especially those in the footprint of Pacific 12 Conference.

This is a theory of mine. I think there have been some providers of cable-television service which have taken the college networks of Big Ten Network, SEC Network, the new ACC Network and, given this topic, Pac–12 Network and reached contract to carry only in applicable areas of those college networks.

Again—I don’t know for fact. The contracts, the details, for carrying programming are of importance.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

5 years ago

PAC 12 network used to be on channel 1329 in addition to 717 and now only appears on 717. Are there other channels located on lower channel numbers not in the 1000 range?  I was originally told all the channels were and it was just a means to group like channel content together.

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

5 years ago

I’m in the Philadelphia region and Pac 12 Network HD on channel 1329 showed back in my guide and I can tune to it just fine.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

ITS BACK IN CHICAGO!! YESSSSS!!! GO BUFFS!!!!!!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here